SASS Wire Forum

Hail Stones over 4.8 inches in Colorado.

In eastern Colorado, they had hail stones falling that were over 4.8 inches!!  Get hit on the head with one of those and that'd put your lights out!

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/national-weather-service-investigating-whether-monster-that-hail-fell-in-colorado-broke-a-record/70009074

Stuff gets big over on the plains.

The largest hail stones I have ever experienced were golf ball sized. I was in 7th grade walking home from school. It started raining then there was lightning then there was hail. I took refuge next to a huge elm tree. I only got hit with 2 hail stones. One on the shoulder and one hit me in the upper back. Both left welts. 

I can’t imagine hail larger than that and the damage it could cause. 

My Dad was a contractor. The hail storm was a boon for him. He did a lot of roof jobs that Spring. 

Meanwhile over in California a 64 year old man was having a 1.7lb gallstone removed.

It was 4.7 inches long, 3.7 inches thick and 3 inches tall.

This joker was the size of an ostrich egg! :o

2019_08_15_01_24_40.jpg.502f7f23779368cbc86bf1d5b894c686.jpg

I've heard of New Car Lots have had great savings on new vehicle that were hail damaged.  Sounds like you could get some great buys on a vehicle if you didn't mind it dimpled and looking like a golf ball.

35 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I've heard of New Car Lots have had great savings on new vehicle that were hail damaged.  Sounds like you could get some great buys on a vehicle if you didn't mind it dimpled and looking like a golf ball.

My Subaru looked like a blue golf ball with doors.

$8,000 later it looked like new. :D

Archived