SASS Wire Forum

Dillon 550 B

Bard Eye SASS 30526

With or without a caliber conversion kit?

Base price of a 550 C with a caliber conversion kit is $489.95 per Dillon website.

New in box though it may be, I would want a decent discount to buy from a private party, that might just be me though.  Dillon's warranty makes that not quite as much of an issue, but still.

Were it to come with a caliber conversion kit that someone wanted, $400 comes to my mind.  Others may have other ideas.  Better to sell local and save the time and expense of shipping.

Barrowed Eye, I have found over the years that trying to get top dollar for anything is just not worth the stress and hassle.  The quicker and easier the sale, the better it is for you.  So my suggestion is to just take the first offer you get. 

I'll give you $250 for it.  :D

edit: You didn't mention if you were buying or selling.  If you are buying, tell the seller what I told you. :)

I paid $200 for one set up to run 38/357 about 6 years ago.  It was a demonstrator, barely used, excellent bargain.

Open eBay and you will get a range of prices without loading stand sold & other parts separately ... NOW, not what others paid for theirs.  You might also want to post a Want To Buy in the Classifieds to see what someone would want to sell theirs for NOW 

Your answer depends on many things including what is the market like where you are.  There is an online retailer the regularly sells used/reconditioned for $389 without a caliber conversion. I have a used 500, in great shape, that I am selling locally for $400 including a caliber conversion in 38/357 or 45 colt.  It will sell when the right person sees the ad.  I don't like to ship them due to weight and packaging.  I sold one locally last spring for $425.

$400 with a caliber conversion would be the "going" price as far as i'm concerned.

He said a Dillon 550 "B", which may mean the basic version. If so, new price without caliber conversion is $289.95 from Dillon.

9 minutes ago, Max Payne said:

He said a Dillon 550 "B", which may mean the basic version. If so, new price without caliber conversion is $289.95 from Dillon.

Nope. 

See: https://www.dillonprecision.com/reloading-machines_8_1.html

The "basic version" loader without primer feed or powder measure built in is the BL 550.  That, bare, is your $290 price item.

The OP is talking about the 550B, a lot more machine.   But the exact model manufactured right now is the 550C, with a few upgrades for longevity.

A bare 550C is $440 now.  Or $490 with one caliber setup kit.

So, if you are selling a new-in-box 550B without a caliber conversion, you should be able to get in the ballpark of $350 for it, if you are willing to find the right buyer.   Dillon presses hold their value really well due to the 100% parts replacement guarantee that "goes to the buyer".

Good luck, GJ

Archived