SASS Wire Forum

SASS Shooters Handbook

Lead Monger

I beleave the Shooters Handbook should be the place where all the rules, conversions and clairifications governing the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting should be found. Simple as that. 

Having to refer to the RO 1 and RO 2 training material or serch through an archive of clairifications to answer a situation is far to complicated and impossible to keep track of. Add to that the continuing clairifications and rulings that we are greatfull to receive here on the Wire and it is to much. Some of the clairifications need clairified! 

The solution to this is very simple. Put all the rules in one book. The whole book does not need to be rewritten. Just add rules and clairifications to the section they apply to. We can print a new, updated page for our reference as they come available. 

Anything discussed on another forum, website or document has no bearing on this game because it is not in the book. 

Thank You.

You may fire when ready.

????

2 hours ago, Lead Monger said:

I beleave the Shooters Handbook should be the place where all the rules, conversions and clairifications governing the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting should be found. Simple as that. 

Having to refer to the RO 1 and RO 2 training material or serch through an archive of clairifications to answer a situation is far to complicated and impossible to keep track of. Add to that the continuing clairifications and rulings that we are greatfull to receive here on the Wire and it is to much. Some of the clairifications need clairified! 

The solution to this is very simple. Put all the rules in one book. The whole book does not need to be rewritten. Just add rules and clairifications to the section they apply to. We can print a new, updated page for our reference as they come available. 

Anything discussed on another forum, website or document has no bearing on this game because it is not in the book. 

Thank You.

You may fire when ready.

Oh come now all the rules in one spot... you can't do that.  That would never work lol. That fact that it's just plain common sense doesn't pertain. 

Besides what Lead Monger is saying, I have been to matches lately where a rule question comes up and I am told it is not in the Rule Book but is a SASS "convention". What is a SASS "convention"?   I thought that was where everybody used to get together in Dec. in Las Vegas.  

59 minutes ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Besides what Lead Monger is saying, I have been to matches lately where a rule question comes up and I am told it is not in the Rule Book but is a SASS "convention". What is a SASS "convention"?   I thought that was where everybody used to get together in Dec. in Las Vegas.  

“Conventions”  refer  to  standard  range  behaviors  and  rules  that  every  shooter  is  expected  to know  and  follow  at  all  times.

See full list SHB pages 14-18

Archived