SASS Wire Forum

Opinions Requested Please

Calamity Kris

I've been asked for some of the details.....

The Mazda dealership would have traded me straight across for a brand new loaded CX-9.  Unfortunately, I received ~$2,500. in Pilot accessories for birthday/Christmas.  A CX-9 with "Pilot" running boards would look a little odd so I didn't want to do that.

The GM at the Mazda dealership contacted the GM at the Honda dealership and gave them the story.  I was sent to the Honda dealership to work the deal.  They gave me $30K for my Pilot towards a new one.  I paid $33.5K for it and had put 20K miles on it so that was more than fair.  (125 miles round trip to work every day adds up fast.) 

The Honda dealership could not cancel the aftermarket warranty since they didn't issue it.  I will try to do that myself.  If I run into any issues, I will contact the Mazda dealership and see what they can do for me.

When the deal was completed, they put a big orange sticker on the windshield of my old Pilot covering the VIN number that said "THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR SALE!!".  From talking with the service writer, the one who recommended I get rid of the car, they will be running some serious diagnostics on it before they determine what they will do with it. 

Thanks again for all your support.  I've learned some valuable lessons here.  I grateful I didn't have to go through the expense and time of involving attorneys.

2 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

What do you think the dealership will do with the car?

a.  Sue the lessor

b. Fix the car

c. Send the car to an auction, as is?

That's a good question.  I know they will be running some diagnostics on it.  I believe the outcome of those will dictate what they do with it.  I don't think they will sue the lessor.  That is too involved and expensive.  My gut tells me auction.  It's a herring they don't want to deal with.

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

CK-My bet, is it will be sold 'as-is' out of country(Mex, SA, ETC.).

OLG

I don't think they will take it out of country.  Too expensive.  Auction in Miami or Orlando will dump it.  As long as they clearly mark "As Is No Warranty" that should do it.  There are a number of used car lots around here all with late model cars in them.

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Make Uno wash his hands, and wipe his feet before you let him in your new ride. ;)

Ya did good:excl:

OLG

Uno told me to tell you he will be lucky if I let him off the cargo mat in the back.

On 2/25/2019 at 8:50 AM, Eyesa Horg said:

Seems pretty lame to void a warranty for changing a light bulb or 2.:unsure:

You are correct.  Generally a limited warranty covers defects in materials & workmanship.  If the item is modified the modification has to have caused the failure otherwise it is a defect covered by the warranty.  An example would be a transmission or engine failure if neither had been modified.    

That was more like my experience when I worked at a GM dealership for a short while. Couldn't take all the dishonesty though and left after a year. I was a Service Advisor.

2 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

You are correct.  Generally a limited warranty covers defects in materials & workmanship.  If the item is modified the modification has to have caused the failure otherwise it is a defect covered by the warranty.  An example would be a transmission or engine failure if neither had been modified.    

This is one of the two wiring harnesses that were removed from the headlight assemblies.  Hardly changing a bulb or two. 

Wiring_Harness.jpg

Archived