SASS Wire Forum

Today's strange question #2

Alpo

Has anyone ever seen a roll of toilet paper where the center cardboard roll can be slid out?

One of Griffin's Brotherhood of War books. Craig is experimenting. He takes the center tube out of his personal roll of toilet paper to make his widget.

Every roll of toilet paper I've ever had anything to do with, the center tube is glued to the first sheet of paper. This would make it quite difficult to slide the tube out of the roll.

I have. I used to keep some John Wayne toilet paper(think generic dollar store) in my boat. Whatever glue they used didn't stick and you could slide that cardboard insert right out.

To those that don't know, John Wayne toilet paper =  Rough, Tough and won't take any sh__ off anyone. 

37 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I have. I used to keep some John Wayne toilet paper(think generic dollar store) in my boat. Whatever glue they used didn't stick and you could slide that cardboard insert right out.

To those that don't know, John Wayne toilet paper =  Rough, Tough and won't take any sh__ off anyone. 

A while ago there was a large American Mfg who advertised TP without a roll as an environmentally better product. No roll to throw away and fill the landfills. They claimed Americans annually used enough TP to build a full scale model of the Empire State Building from the discarded rolls several times over. Haven’t seen that add for some time and don’t remember the Mfg name.:P

5 minutes ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

A while ago there was a large American Mfg who advertised TP without a roll as an environmentally better product. No roll to throw away and fill the landfills. They claimed Americans annually used enough TP to build a full scale model of the Empire State Building from the discarded rolls several times over. Haven’t seen that add for some time and don’t remember the Mfg name.:P

Cactus Jack:

Here you go....

493106114_TubefreeToiletPaper.JPG.d03325c7f113742d4449b8c78603007c.JPG

Archived