SASS Wire Forum

Bisley Trigger

Mountain Man Gramps

I just want to make sure before I lay down money.

The Shooter’s Handbook says, “Ruger Super-Blackhawk/Montado style revolver hammers (i.e., lowered and widened hammers) are acceptable on both adjustable and fixed sight model revolvers.”  This is on page 34.  Does that mean a Bisley TRIGGER on a Vaquero is legal for competition? When I searched the forum, “Bisley” seemed to refer only to the grip.  The lowered and widened hammer on the Superhawk is referred to as a Bisley.  The SASS Vaquero hammer is referred to as a Montago.  What I’m really asking is whether a Bisley Vaquero is legal for competition.

Sorry if if this is a dumb question.

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2019 at 6:10 PM, J.D. Daily said:

Only the Montado grip frame is not legal because of grip enhancing checkering.  Montado's were developed for cowboy mounted shooting.

Good morning, I am confused?  I have two consecutive matching Montados that I plan on using for CAS/SASS matches. 

The frames are smooth as are the stocks?  How is this not permitted?

1 hour ago, David Balthazar said:

Good morning, I am confused?  I have two consecutive matching Montados that I plan on using for CAS/SASS matches. 

The frames are smooth as are the stocks?  How is this not permitted?

The very first versions are not legal. The had serrations down the front strap. If yours aren’t serrated , they’re legal.

+1 for Boggus Deal.  

I know a former cowboy shooter who bought a set of the originals and paid good money to have the groves ground out.  About 2 or 3 months later, Ruger started offering the grip frames without the groves.  Needless to say, he was not a happy camper.

Archived