SASS Wire Forum

Whatever happened to: Remington 350

Widder, SASS #59054

About 20 years ago I got interested in this cartridge. I had a heck of a time finding components for reloading. Also, I couldn’t find a gun chambered for it. In 2003 I did come across a Remington 673 (brand new) chambered in .350 Rem. Magnum but by this time I couldn’t have cared less. I bought a 673 in .308.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/.350_Remington_Magnum

I had one when they first came out. We called it our Canadian pistol substitute. Mine had a tendency to fire without warning1  :-) I sent it back. I got rid of it because no retail ammo was available and reloading components were worse. It was supposed to be an improvement over my Marlin .35 Remington Model 36. I still have the Marlin!!!

28 minutes ago, Mad Dog Jack, SASS #77862 said:

Is that the 35 Rem?

.35 Remington's grandson.  Actually it's a very good cartridge, but it fit in a space already occupied and never took hold.  The one I had was a Model 650 or maybe a 660 (I can't recall which) and I had a Model 600 in .35 Remington to go with my Model 8.

All of the 600 series rifles were actually carbine length and were bolt action guns.

Almost a carbon Copy of the .35 Whelan. Might have made it if the rifle had been better.

.350 Remington Magnum History

My stepson has a rifle in .300 Norma he deer and elk hunts with. Great performing cartridge but the 300 Winchester magnum pushed it to the sidelines. You can still buy brass for it but factory loaded cartridges are pretty scarce and expensive

Archived