Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Subdeacon Joe

Townhall On "Gun Violence"

Recommended Posts

This Saturday, 3 March 2018, the O, So Honorable Congressman Mike Thompson (D CA5th) is going to be hosting a Townhall discussion at the Hanna Boys Center in Sonoma County, CA with another to follow at Vallejo High.
 

Mar3
Interested
Sat 10 AM · Hanna Boys Center · Sonoma
You like Congressman Mike Thompson
Mar3
Interested
Sat 2 PM · Vallejo High School · Vallejo
You like Congressman Mike Thompson

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hanna+Boys+Center/@38.320182,-122.507728,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x52853f276d9d08bf!8m2!3d38.320182!4d-122.507728

Anyone in the area please try to attend.  See if we can manage to get some truth in amidst all the hate and emotionalism.

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

Most likely an ambush of any conservative who shows up. Isn't that how they do it?

 

That is exactly what I'm expecting. And after I have my say, and all the good little leftists yell and vilify and make their death threats I will thank them for displaying the hate, anger, and violence that made up their core values.   I'll also point out that just because they lack self-control, discipline,  and morals they should not assume that those with differing opinions also have those failings.

 

 

Should be fun!

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

 

That is exactly what I'm expecting. And after I have my say, and all the good little leftists yell and vilify and make their death threats I will thank them for displaying the hate, anger, and violence that made up their core values.   I'll also point out that just because they lack self-control, discipline,  and morals they should not assume that those with differing opinions also have those failings.

 

 

Should be fun!

 

Be sure to record the exchange.

Share this post


Link to post

Joe, I do hope this is filmed...

 

Vallejo seems to have changed somewhat from when I lived there back in the 80's.  :(

Share this post


Link to post

JOE!!  I wish you the best of luck!!  It would be great to "beard the lion"!!  You go, Pard!!!

Share this post


Link to post

Joe, I was going to post a comment but decided  I better not. I have zero respect for Thompson and he knows it

Share this post


Link to post

Just remember!!  If you know they're laying for you, you have the advantage of being better prepared!!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Just remember!!  If you know they're laying for you, you have the advantage of being better prepared!!

 

Yep.  I'm going to get some  notes together Friday night.

 

Including going back to Scott v. Sanford where SCOTUS  ruled against Dred Scott in part because granting him, and all Negros, full citizenship would mean that they could go about armed like everyone else.  

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

 

Yep.  I'm going to get some  notes together Friday night.

 

Including going back to Scott v. Sanford where SCOTUS  ruled against Dred Scott in part because granting him, and all Negros, full citizenship would mean that they could go about armed like everyone else.  

 

Is that playing the race card from a different hand??  It CERTAINLY will throw some sand in the machinery!!  I'd love to see it grind to a halt, but aside from a nuclear event, I'm afraid you're shouting into a hurricane!!!

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

 

Is that playing the race card from a different hand??  It CERTAINLY will throw some sand in the machinery!!  I'd love to see it grind to a halt, but aside from a nuclear event, I'm afraid you're shouting into a hurricane!!!

 

 

In a way, yes.  But I use it more to show that the revisionist view, that 2nd only applies to states, the National Guard, etc. is incorrect and that the individual rights to keep and bear arms was recognized by SCOTUS, even if it was in a decision to uphold chattel slavery, at least as far back as 1857. 

In part:
""Scott v. Sanford decision: " It would give to persons of the negro race, who were recognised as citizens in any one State of the Union, the right to enter every other State whenever they pleased, singly or in companies, without pass or passport, and without obstruction, to sojourn there as long as they pleased, to go where they pleased at every hour of the day or night without molestation, unless they committed some violation of law for which a white man would be punished; and it would give them the full liberty of speech in public and in private upon all subjects upon which its own citizens might speak; to hold public meetings upon political affairs, and to keep and carry arms wherever they went. And all of this would be done in the face of the subject race of the same color, both free and slaves, and inevitably producing discontent and insubordination among them, and endangering the peace and safety of the State."

 

So, it would seem that in 1857 it was common practice for people "to keep and carry arms wherever they went."

As to "shouting into a hurricane."
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.