SASS Wire Forum

Lee Turret Press for a NEW reloader.

July Smith

In the spirt of the season I would like to offer up my Lee Turret Press.  As most of us know, reloading does save you money, but the initial investment can be formidable.

This was my first reloading press.  It’s not the strongest press in the world.  The auto index feature (liability) has been removed.  It has been well used but not abused.  It will come with one 4-hole turret.  You will still need a set of dies for whatever caliber you intended to reload for and a mentor, but this will serve you well as a starter press.

All I’m asking is this go to a new reloader and for $20 to cover my shipping to you.

Have a happy New Year!

-July

P.S.  Please note this particular Lee press is not very tall, if you are mainly loading pistol rounds and short rifle rounds i.e. 223 or 308 it will do fine.  If you are mainly looking to load long magnum rifle rounds this press will be less than ideal.

F78B4DAD-8ABC-4A9A-AF7C-8C0735F71CE3.jpeg

I've been reloading for over 43 years and I still use these presses for my rifle rnds to include 56-46 Spencer and 50-90 Sharps.

Cost is reasonable and they do a fine job.

1 hour ago, Magnolia Steele said:

Wow! I'd love to take you up on this generous offer! I'm learning to reload .38! 

First come first serve!  If you still want it PM your details and I’ll get it headed your way on Tuesday.

18 minutes ago, July Smith said:

First come first serve!  If you still want it PM your details and I’ll get it headed your way on Tuesday.

PM sent! 

15 hours ago, Magnolia Steele said:

Wow! I'd love to take you up on this generous offer! I'm learning to reload .38! 

Magnolia Steele PM me your address and I'll send you a new set of .38 Special Lee dies as well. The Lee four hole press is a great way to start reloading. 

July Smith is the press complete with primer arm and powder dispenser?

Tully

27 minutes ago, Tully Mars said:

Magnolia Steele PM me your address and I'll send you a new set of .38 Special Lee dies as well. The Lee four hole press is a great way to start reloading. 

Tully

Wow!! This is so amazing!  I'm overwhelmed by the generosity of my fellow cowboys!!  The SASS family spirit is truly a blessing!! I'll be paying it forward as soon as I have something to share!!

Tully, sending a PM now!

16 minutes ago, Magnolia Steele said:

Wow!! This is so amazing!  I'm overwhelmed by the generosity of my fellow cowboys!!  The SASS family spirit is truly a blessing!! I'll be paying it forward as soon as I have something to share!!

Tully, sending a PM now!

Good for you Magnolia . . . 

Good shootin' . . . . . them re-load .38s . . . . :)

2 hours ago, Tully Mars said:

Tully

No, what you see is what you get.  I always primed and charged the cases off the press.  I basically used this press as a single stage with the benefit of having all the dies on one tool head.

35 minutes ago, Dirty Low Down sass 23492 said:

Hey---YALL don't get to have all the fun----Magnolia Steele-send me ya address & I'll send ya a good size bag of  nickel plated .38 special brass-----HEE HEE You guys don't get to have all the fun I just grabbed a little bit of it!! HEE HEE HEE!!!

Holy cats, y'all!! Did I mention how amazing SASS cowboys are?? Many, many heartfelt thanks!!  Dirty Low Down, a PM is headed your way.   

Archived