Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Challenge to all Cowboys who can read and write . . .


Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

A gamer is anyone who is more interested in shooting fast than in acquiring new guns and equipment.

Where I come from a gamer is anyone more interested in winning than anything.  But many thanks for the out, and I would love to commune by your campfire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Father Kit Cool,

Nice work for a beginner.  Love the colorful diagram.

If you add "SHOTGUN SHELLS - 2+" then state "Shotgun knockdowns may be engaged until down," people have a better chance at a clean stage.  At TRR that is one of our stage conventions and is stated.  

 

Did Cheyenne send you copies of some of our stages yet? If not, pm me your email address.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MizPete said:

Where I come from a gamer is anyone more interested in winning than anything.  But many thanks for the out, and I would love to commune by your campfire.

MizPete,

 

Anybody that knows me knows that shooting fast is the lowest of my priorities, but acquiring new friends (and new equipment) is high on my list.

 

Duffield

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MizPete said:

Where I come from a gamer is anyone more interested in winning than anything.  But many thanks for the out, and I would love to commune by your campfire.

And another definition might  be a shooter who thoroughly studies the stages, plans his shooting carefully, and shoots the most efficiently & still has time to enjoy & encourage his posse mates and perform within the "spirit".  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MizPete said:

But YustaB & Duffield:  ain't none of that gamey.

Yes, that is one opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2017 at 5:50 PM, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

Father Kit Cool,

Nice work for a beginner.  Love the colorful diagram.

If you add "SHOTGUN SHELLS - 2+" then state "Shotgun knockdowns may be engaged until down," people have a better chance at a clean stage.  At TRR that is one of our stage conventions and is stated.  

 

Did Cheyenne send you copies of some of our stages yet? If not, pm me your email address.

 

Ms. Lorelei:

   Yes he did. Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/11/2017 at 6:49 PM, Yusta B. said:

And another definition might  be a shooter who thoroughly studies the stages, plans his shooting carefully, and shoots the most efficiently & still has time to enjoy & encourage his posse mates and perform within the "spirit".  :)

 

That's too many words.  You need something catchy

 

Father kit, if you really wanna make that stage friendly for everyone, remove the 1st five, 2nd five wording and just say to engage each target 5 times in any order.  That way gunfighters don't have to move their guns and can still alternate shots. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see you took my advice and made some changes.

 

Are shotgun knockdowns REQUIRED to be engaged until down?  Some people would rather take the miss rather than keep on reloading and not making them go down or they've run out of shells.  Had that happen once.  (At that club, we learned we had to have extra hot/heavy shotgun loads to use on the blasted giant rabbit targets at one club until they re-calibrated them.)

 

Shotgun knockdown targets MAY be engaged until down.  Standing knockdown targets count as misses.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

 

That's too many words.  You need something catchy

 

Father kit, if you really wanna make that stage friendly for everyone, remove the 1st five, 2nd five wording and just say to engage each target 5 times in any order.  That way gunfighters don't have to move their guns and can still alternate shots. 

 

 

1 hour ago, Lorelei Longshot, SASS #44256 Life said:

I see you took my advice and made some changes.

 

Are shotgun knockdowns REQUIRED to be engaged until down?  Some people would rather take the miss rather than keep on reloading and not making them go down or they've run out of shells.  Had that happen once.  (At that club, we learned we had to have extra hot/heavy shotgun loads to use on the blasted giant rabbit targets at one club until they re-calibrated them.)

 

Shotgun knockdown targets MAY be engaged until down.  Standing knockdown targets count as misses.

 

 

 

Ms. Lorelei & Gambler:

     Modifications have been made as suggested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.