SASS Wire Forum

Pale Rider/Sultan of Smoke/King of Kaboom/Champeen Hillbilly Nation - Rule Enforcement ??

Cemetery

So the specialty black powder categories as listed in the subject line, how do those rules get enforced?

They all require 38.40 caliber and up, with boolit grain minimums, load minimums, as well as 12g shotgun load requirements.

I know somebody who went to a two day match a few years ago, shot Classic Cowboy with a 32.20 and nobody said boo.  

I guess we all just assume that every cowboy will be honest.

Up to the match director

If a cowboy's rounds are suspect, you should bring it up to him/her

--Dawg

5 minutes ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Up to the match director

If a cowboy's rounds are suspect, you should bring it up to him/her

--Dawg

Dawg,

We're planning on the 1st NJ State BP Match next May 'Buried Alive'........I wanna bring these speciality categories to NJ, while we'll be small at first, you think it would be best to have shooters in these categories on the same posse?

most Paleriders and such love to shoot together,,,  make sure the requirements are out there far in advance...   yule usually know quickly if someone is under

45 minutes ago, Cemetery said:

Dawg,

We're planning on the 1st NJ State BP Match next May 'Buried Alive'........I wanna bring these speciality categories to NJ, while we'll be small at first, you think it would be best to have shooters in these categories on the same posse?

Yep, putting them together makes for a cool posse -- lotsa friendly competition -- lotsa smoke & boom!

--Dawg

17 hours ago, Appalachian Alan said:

...So, it is self regulated.  

Not worth my reputation to cheat.

Others in the catagory will know if something doesnt seem right ...

Pretty much covers it.

just full loads of 777

oops

2 hours ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

just full loads of 777

Old School rules no?

I recently discovered my Old Army’s gobble up full loads 777 and 230g conicals......20g shy of the threahold.....’sigh’

Palerider is full load of bp or sub and a 200 gr boolit,,,   champeen of the hillbilly nation is 250 gr boolit,,,, I think...

6 minutes ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

Palerider is full load of bp or sub and a 200 gr boolit,,,   champeen of the hillbilly nation is 250 gr boolit,,,, I think...

Yeah, pretty much my normal loads.  Just have to find a conical to put me over the limit for champeen of hillbilly nation.

Just have to find a conical to put me over the limit for champeen of hillbilly nation.

Cemetery - 250gr conical's will put a big dent in your powder charge. And if you are dead serious shooting 250's in your C&B's - Welcome to the World of Casting Your Own for the right bullet! :D

the recoil for palerider  with full case and a 200 gr boolit is , at least to me, comparable to the champeen load with a 250 gr boolit with the decreased powder charge..

18 minutes ago, John Boy said:

Cemetery - 250gr conical's will put a big dent in your powder charge. And if you are dead serious shooting 250's in your C&B's - Welcome to the World of Casting Your Own for the right bullet! :D

You mean I might have to drop to 40g's?!?!

Archived