SASS Wire Forum

Ken Burns Vietnam

Abilene Slim SASS 81783

yes.  interesting though i do think it is skewed against the war but it has not changed my mind about it.  I see that the same ones who ran amuck are the ones running a certain party and running the media now.  I also see they have not changed their methods.  

Recording and saving them all for a binge watch during the winter.

Ken Burns is a remarkable story teller.   I watched a segment and even though I am not a veteran, I was surprised at the emotions it provoked.  

Might have to stock up on certain fluids to get all the way through this one.

Recording it. I may watch it in small doses at some point in the future.

the series on 10 DVD is offered on Amazon

I was of military age in 1965 and raised in a Red, White, and Blue home.    Not everything you learn at home is right.    My views on this and many other issues have changed hugely over these many years

but this is not the place for this sort of discussion.    it will only end up in a moderator cut-off.   and it should.

the info is "out there".    you can get it.    but it's like the door to nevermore -- once you go through you may not come back.

I am; very powerful...I have mixed emotions about a lot of it.I lost a wonderful friend and first cousin in july 68 (USN A6 A off the Big E---KIA)  I was late getting there (Sept 70 to Oct 71), and in Thailand at Utapao RTAFB... B-52Ds.   Hoss C.

Archived