SASS Wire Forum

remind me about Silver Senior Duelist

Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L

I did due diligence and checked the latest SHB and didn't see anything about SS Duelist

course book's date is Feb 16

so...

is this an official SASS category?

know we as a club can allow it

thanks

cheyenne

(whose mind is not was it once was and it wasn't too good back in the day either)

Duelist is the approved SASS category.  Adding an age to it (S, SS, etc) is at the Match Directors discretion.

Regards,

Barry Sloe

21 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

Duelist is the approved SASS category.  Adding an age to it (S, SS, etc) is at the Match Directors discretion.

Regards,

Barry Sloe

Senior Duelist is an official SASS Category, Silver Senior Duelist is at Match Directors discretion. 

Randy

26 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Senior Duelist is an official SASS Category, Silver Senior Duelist is at Match Directors discretion. 

Randy

Randy,

When was Senior Duelist made an official category?  I can't find it in black and white (yes, I'm thick headed). 

BS

7 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

Randy,

When was Senior Duelist made an official category?  I can't find it in black and white (yes, I'm thick headed). 

BS

At least ten years ago.  Shooter's Handbook, page 13. 

"Seniors are competitors 60 years of age or greater. Senior Duelist is a recognized Duelist Category. See Duelist description for the equipment restrictions & shooting technique(s)."

29 minutes ago, Barry Sloe said:

Larsen,

Thank you.

BS

No problem Barry.  As an FYI the language in yellow was added to make sure that Senior Duelists cannot use adjustable sight revolvers.

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

At least ten years ago.  Shooter's Handbook, page 13. 

"Seniors are competitors 60 years of age or greater. Senior Duelist is a recognized Duelist Category. See Duelist description for the equipment restrictions & shooting technique(s)."

Thanks Larsen, I wasn't sure when it started but I've been shooting it for 5 years.

Randy

Strange thing about 10 years of a category. Many of US where excited about SD then (get away from those fast "yongsters").  Now we enjoy seeing ESD on the list of categories if match director offers.  Them fast youngsters of ten years ago are now SD or SSD.  And, we just thought the youngsters were fast then, look at Pecos Nick, Hairtrigger Hayes, Calhoun KId, and others in todays Duelist category. Wow.

The only problem is where does it stop. If you take every category and divide it by age and type there will be a plethora of categories. Makes it expensive and takes away the value of winning to some degree IMO. 

Remember when it was Traditional and Modern........lol

Archived