SASS Wire Forum

Georgia State - WOW!

The Cracker Crew had a hell of a time up in Georgia! It was great seeing old friends and making new ones. We got to shoot with Missouri Lefty and his dad, Missouri Traveler as well as some more nefarious cowboys and outlaws.....the likes of which include Red River Ray, Mustang Dave, Copperhead Joe, Miss Bo, Whiskey Creek Johnson, Iron Maiden and Tennessee Tombstone. Those damn Outlaw Shooters, Whiskey and Tennessee, put on a shooting from the hip clinic!!!! It was a great posse with some fast shooting and TONS of laughs.....and a few uh-ohs a long the way....If you don't like having a good time and laughing your butt off then this posse was not for you!

The match was Top Notch and more than worth the trip. The stages were fast and furious with plenty of movement with good target distances for the rifle and pistol and easy to fall shotgun targets that at times required a bead. I really enjoyed the stages and the set up. The Top Gun shoot-off was well designed and very fun. We didn't make it up for the side matches but by all accounts they were just as fun. All in all I really don't think you could ask for much more by the way of shooting. 

The Cracker Crew also got a special treat from Dirt Merchant....He brought his Texas Longhorn Arms No 5 single action and some HOT hunting rounds for us try out. Think 260 grain 45 Colt at 1400 plus feet per second. That gun was SWEET!!!!!!

We also got to hang out with the Carolina Crew at and after the banquet and it was a BLAST!......I'm not giving out any details but there are some pictures floating around on FB that I've seen from the banquet, which by the way offered up some damn good chow. 

All in all the Cracker Crew had a GREAT match and we give A big THANK YOU to Fast Eddie and hist team for all their hard work! I hope they stopped working long enough to see all the smiles and enjoyment they brought to all of us shooters! 

We can't wait for next year........

Stan

P.S. Missouri Lefty is a fine, fine, fine, young man that represents our sport well....not just with his shooting but more importantly with his character.

Stan, Arcadia, Hawkeye Gin and the rest of the Cracker Crew:

Missed your presence at the Pistoleros match Saturday; however, knew that you would represent our club well. First Place in the Wrangler, 49 and Cowgirl categories says it all. :D

See you back at the burms next month.

Fast EDDIE did a helluva job putting this match together.  Judge wrote some great stages and the Cracker crew along with the Missouri gang did a helluva job shootin' em.  I've been checking out the videos I can find and it's been fairly impressive thus far.  I know EDDIE is already figuring on making next year a bigger and better affair and I hope all the hooligans involved in the affray will return for a rematch. 

21 minutes ago, Blackhawk Henry said:

Fast EDDIE did a helluva job putting this match together.  Judge wrote some great stages and the Cracker crew along with the Missouri gang did a helluva job shootin' em.  I've been checking out the videos I can find and it's been fairly impressive thus far.  I know EDDIE is already figuring on making next year a bigger and better affair and I hope all the hooligans involved in the affray will return for a rematch. 

I heard you had a hand in the match as well.......Good Job!!!!

Stan

Great match, great stages, great fellowship.  I would also like to commend Missouri Traveler for the obvious exemplary parenting that he has done in his home.  Missouri Lefty is a humble, respectful, young man, who handles all of the attention of being one of the best shooters in the world with grace and good sportsmanship.   I am new to the sport....this is my second year and third season.... and I have seen young talented shooters strut around and show out when things do not go their way.  Missouri Lefty is NOT one of those shooters.  He is a first class, young man, and this shows even in the most competitive moments.   Lefty, keep it up and remember your raisin'.  Put God first and everything will continue to work out for you no matter the circumstances.

On 5/22/2017 at 9:04 AM, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

Stan

P.S. Missouri Lefty is a fine, fine, fine, young man that represents our sport well....not just with his shooting but more importantly with his character.

You speak the truth, Stan!  I told him he could come live with us if he ran away from home! -_-  

Archived