SASS Wire Forum

Best videos for transitions, etc?

Knuckles Bandera #43963

A couple ideas- go to youtube and type in the name of some top shooters that shoot your style (cross draw, gunfighter, etc) and watch. Might have to add the words "SASS or cowboy action shooting or Winter Range"...... etc.

When we moved and started shooting at some new clubs we found ourselves shooting with some folks (who had a very nice "buckle collection") that we got to video ourselves.  That helped a lot. Watching yourself on video is a great help in soaking in what you are doing or NOT doing as you get rolling along as well.

Enjoy the ride!

...and watching yourself on video will prove that what you think you are doing is not what you are actually doing!  

Longhunter's video is a little under Knuckles' pay grade. He is looking for how to drag the rifle to your shoulder while holstering, how to transfer the weak hand gun and all the other stuff that needs to be passed down or spend years figuring it out.

Deuce has the revolver transfer but he uses period holsters.

Like others have said, find videos of fast shooters and study their hands and feet.  If you have videos of you shooting, if you can have someone edit them to slow motion it really shows where you need work.  Message me and I'd be happy to help if I can slowing some down for you.

Archived