SASS Wire Forum

Selling items in the forum

Heartbreak Highway

Howdy, I don't want to break the rules but I have a couple of items that I am not going to use (these are revolver parts) and I am wondering what forum to list them on. I am not yet a sass member and the local club is shut down from flooding until June. I know Sass folks would be interested as they are kinda tough to get. I am not saying what they are as I don't want to even appear to skirting the rules. Let me know if there is another forum that I can post these items on.

thanks for reading and any guidance you can give. 

Why don't ya just join SASS.

It's not that expensive.
Then you can get started knowing that yer a member of this great group of cowboys & cowgirls.

As a member, yer more likely to get shootin' this year.

You can go to shoots, and start off all yer conversations with....."I'm a new SASS member..."

Folks will treat ya right fine, lend you guns and gear to use.....They'll break ya in right.

And you can sell yer stuff on the SASSWire classifieds & meet a bunch of cowboys that way!

Welcome to the party

--Dawg

You would post them on the Sass Wire Classifieds, but you must be a sass member to do so. The rules are listed on that forum. That is about the only place to list them that I kow of, unless your local club has a facebook page, and it's not firearms...per fb's rules these days.

Well, if you don't feel the need to join SASS right away, then:

SASS WESTERN REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP Chorro Valley Shootout
8/9/2017 - 8/13/2017
San Luis Obispo, CA

Here's one location close to you that most likely would have a healthy swap meet, where peddling a few parts might be worthwhile.   Not happening until August, however.  And you would need to contact them about whether you need to register (as a shooter or conventioneer, perhaps) to be able to sell at the swap meet.

And more generally speaking, GunBroker or GunsAmerica auction web sites handle a lot of gun parts.   As does EBay.

Good luck, GJ 

Howdy and Welcome, Heartbreak!

What city do you live in/near?

The 2017 California State WBAS and SASS matches are at my home venue (Diamond Dick's Cowboy Town at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center off Ione Road) at the end of April. Come on over and check it and the vendors out. Details are on the following Website. http://www.californiagunslingers.com/

If you like, ask for me and I will show you the ropes and introduce you to some great people.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I'm seeing several Manteca folks at The Outlaws, the first Saturday, due to the closing.

You will see several people you know from Manteca at the State match too.

When we lived in Sacramento, we shot there once a month, even though it was an hour away. Now it is two hours. So, I haven't been there in a long time.

Howdy Heartbreak. I'm also one of the affected members of the flooded out Two Rivers Posse. I haven't fired a shot since mid December due to weather and an illness but I made it out to shoot with the California Rangers last weekend at DD Cowboy Town. It was great! There seems to always be a shoot going on over there. Just check there calendar. I would also like to suggest The Coyote Valley Cowboys in Morgan Hill. There big shoot is the second Saturday of the month. It falls on the same day as the California Rangers. They usually have a good turn out with about 45 to 50 shooters. I see people coming out and selling things at that shoot. Here's a link to there web site. Bad Eye Bobolu is the Sheriff there and would be your contact if you have any questions.        http://www.coyotevalleycowboys.com/

Howdy Pard!

I am in the same spot as you. I have had some luck selling items on Calguns--> http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php

Allie is the best and she is making a kind offer to get you started at Diamond Dick's Cowboy Town. I would be going tomorrow but we had our roof done this past week and I have some clean up chores in my back room.

I was on the same posse as Southpaw Gringo last weekend and it was a blast. He is a pard to ride the river with and is also making a kind offer.

While I am just getting back into SASS after a several year hiatus I would be happy to assist you any way I can. Send me a PM and we can swap contact info.

Keith - SJS

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:23 PM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I'm seeing several Manteca folks at The Outlaws, the first Saturday, due to the closing.

You will see several people you know from Manteca at the State match too.

When we lived in Sacramento, we shot there once a month, even though it was an hour away. Now it is two hours. So, I haven't been there in a long time.

your plum spoiled! my closest match is just over an hour. I regularly drive 3-4 hours to others.

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

your plum spoiled! my closest match is just over an hour. I regularly drive 3-4 hours to others.

Wow! That is dedication. I only drive that far to annuals. I will drive 10 hours to one of them.

I have a range, Diamond Dick's Cowboy Town, that is only 35 minutes from home and they have at least one match every weekend. So, that is where I go to monthly matches. I do miss all of the others Hubby and I attended when we lived in Sacramento. The farthest was 70 minutes.

Archived