SASS Wire Forum

WTB Holsters

I want to buy a pair of good holsters.  I know there are very good makers out there but I can't afford $400.00 for a pair of holsters, not that they aren't worth it I just can't afford them. Looking for medium brown, Border Stamped a plus, must be lined. Double strong side for Old Model Vaqueros with 5 1/2" barrels. Willing to look at any thing but Black or Russet.  If you have a belt you want to sell with your holsters I have a 48" waist.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Marlin

Marlin,  I don't know if you get on Facebook, but there is a guy in the blackpowder revolver section that's selling a set of holsters and belt that seems to fit everything you are looking for including size and color. They look nice to me.  Asking $150 plus $14 to ship.  I'll PM the link to it.    Full disclaimer... I don't know the guy at all.... just passing on the info. 

I have a set of Kirkpatrick longhunter that are less than a year old that I'll part with for 80% of what Kirkpatrick sells them for I'm not sure if I even used them in a match I wanted so for my s&wbut Kirkpatrick kept sending me saa holsters so I bought the s&w from mernickle at eot got them in October just ordered a set of saa/ruger holsters from them as I've given up on Kirkpatrick these are the long hunter  with out the tension screw.  If interested let me know I had used Kirkpatrick for years prior to this incident I'll be keeping two sets but with the tension screws one black one brown so I really have no need for these.

• 2 months later...

Look for El Paso saddlery holsters on cheaperthandirt.com - you can get up to a 2-1/2 in belt at Tandy leather - this would be good enough to get you started - I think 4a is the catalog model number for the lines holsters I bought for 70$ each- just trying to help - wicked wayne

How does a pair of Kirkpatrick Long Hunter 5 1/2" brown holsters sound they're basically new guns have been inserted and drawn from them but never used in a match as I recall I order them for a s&w but they came in for sa my tiger fit them fine.  I think I can find a belt will have to look but these aret cheap or free.

On 3/9/2017 at 0:22 PM, Marlin Buckhorn,SASS 51727 said:

I want to buy a pair of good holsters.  I know there are very good makers out there but I can't afford $400.00 for a pair of holsters, not that they aren't worth it I just can't afford them. Looking for medium brown, Border Stamped a plus, must be lined. Double strong side for Old Model Vaqueros with 5 1/2" barrels. Willing to look at any thing but Black or Russet.  If you have a belt you want to sell with your holsters I have a 48" waist.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Marlin

I got mine a  little over 2 years ago from Utah Scout: http://www.utahscoutleatherworks.com/

I have the El Dorado Double rig, had him add 3 bullet loops on the belt just in front of where the right holster sits. At the time the price was $250. I see now it's up to $263. I love these and very affordable. Mine does NOT have any bullet loops on the back.

• 2 months later...

Just bought a very nice holster rig from Utah Scout as well.  Bob does great work and I couldn't be happier!  Just make sure that you measure correctly and order a bit in advance of when you need it as these are made to order and take a few weeks.  Oh, I got a shotgun belt too with double loops.  Definitely worth the inve$tment.  Mine's a bit different than the one in the photo, but the same quality and style...

holster.jpg

Archived