SASS Wire Forum

2017 Texas State Championship

Agarita Annie

We set out the BAM side match targets yesterday. Most distant target is 125 yards, give or take a couple. Cast bullets only!

Moved the most distant target to 138 yards to clear some overhanging tree branches.

• 1 month later...

The weather is forecast to be absolutely beautiful for the side and main match - highs 74 to 80, lows at match time 48 to 60!  8% probability of rain on Saturday morning and Sunday morning.  Load'em up!

Visit www.wunderground.com and check the forecast for Comfort TX.

Just finished loading up 50 rounds of BP 45-70 for my new (to me!) Trapdoor.  Found out it does not like the 330 grn bullets I shoot in my Marlin, was all over the place. High, low, left, right....everywhere but the target.  Tried some 405s and spot on. It's pretty cool shooting a 143 yr old gun.  I'm sure B) it was at the battle of the Little Bighorn. 

Shooting Cody Dixon with group like that in your TD, I might have a slight chance to rank higher than bottom in Cody Dixon Single Shot!

I looked up the CD Single Shot scores at Comancheria Days 2016 - Rowdy Yates, Paco Bill were about 60 seconds ahead of the 3rd and 4th ranked shooter, and they wasn't slow.

ITS TIME

SASS Texas State Championship at Comancheria Days begins on April 6.  Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.  Our range is located on the historic Stieler Ranch in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, grass is green, bluebonnets are in full color and the range is calling the cowboy shooters..

See you there

Judge GeePee

Is there a posse list available?  Travel schedules are very tight and it would help to know if the wife(Lefty Lin) and I are shooting early or late on Friday.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, Grouchy Spike said:

Shooting Cody Dixon with group like that in your TD, I might have a slight chance to rank higher than bottom in Cody Dixon Single Shot!

I looked up the CD Single Shot scores at Comancheria Days 2016 - Rowdy Yates, Paco Bill were about 60 seconds ahead of the 3rd and 4th ranked shooter, and they wasn't slow.

I'm going to shoot the trapdoor in Plainsman, will shoot my Marlin in CD Lever for the main match. Ifn I get this trapdoor figured out, I may try CD single shot next year. I sure do like shooting 45-70. just something about shooting the big bore rifles that I like.

Hoss....you and Possum Skinner at one match....just thinking about you two has me shooting even slower than usual....Jim

5 hours ago, Jim No Horse said:

Hoss....you and Possum Skinner at one match....just thinking about you two has me shooting even slower than usual....Jim

Looking forward to seeing you. 

Just finished packing guns up. Only bringing 16! 

Hoss...if I had your money I would burn my money....We are staying at the Sunset Inn also. Donna said the place sounded like a stable....Hoss...and Horse.....lol...see you there....Jim

3 hours ago, Jim No Horse said:

Hoss...if I had your money I would burn my money....We are staying at the Sunset Inn also. Donna said the place sounded like a stable....Hoss...and Horse.....lol...see you there....Jim

Ha. If I had your money I could burn a wet cow! 

It may look like a stable by the time we leave! 

Finally packed and ready to go....gonna be a blast...I am so excited to be able to make it and see some really great shooters at the top of their game. God bless each and everyone as we travel safely to our state match....yeehaw....Jim

11 minutes ago, Jim No Horse said:

Finally packed and ready to go....gonna be a blast...I am so excited to be able to make it and see some really great shooters at the top of their game. God bless each and everyone as we travel safely to our state match....yeehaw....Jim

Hey if you hurry up and come here first and pick up me and Dawg that would be great!!

If only I could Rye...standing In line by a real Chuckwagon last evening for a great fajita  dinner I sorely wished you and the Dawg were there. What a great operation the Texican Rangers have all 300 of us. Still shooting slow but I shot todays first half clean....feel like I won EOT...LOL...actually worked the unloading table quite a bit....Jerrod and Heidi from Longhunter are here with their 8 day old beauitful baby girl. These Texas women are something else. Having a blast...Jim

Archived