SASS Wire Forum

Skeleton Rig Experiences

Salt Flat Swindler

Is this what you are referring to my a "skeleton rig?"

http://www.purdygear.com/images/products/rigs/LngrdgeKllysSkltn-1000.jpg

If that is correct, I think you would be risking a dropped gun and would be very slow to reholster to make sure they were locked in place.

I am also certainly open to being corrected, but I am not sure they would be legal anyway, as the rule on holsters is must be of traditional design, and I have never seen anything like this in any historical pictures. Maybe I just haven't see them though

Thank the good Lord there is no requirement to be fast... you can take your sweet time (and I do...), if you so desire... just as long as you're safe... Shoulder holsters are allowed, however, be advised, they are VERY difficult to utilize and maintain muzzle downrange and within the 170º.

SASS Wild Bunch matches have outlawed the shoulder and crossdraw holster.

It is of traditional design I saw several versions in one of my leather books. But it would be risky, and could be made into a belt rig.

I sort of want one but have never seen one at a match. Are they difficult to Re-holster? Are they not practical for CAS? I've come across a few makers but does anyone have a favorite?

As a piece of art, might look great on the wall. As a holster for CAS looks like a SDQ and or MDQ waiting to happen. Just a question of how soon.

Archived