SASS Wire Forum

Gungrips

Orient Express

Hi pards,

I am looking for a better looking (but still reasonably priced) set of grips for my stainless steel Ruger NMVs other than the factory black plastic. I've found gungrips.com ships here to Australia however their website states their grips may not fit the stainless steel NMVs. Does anyone know why? Is the blued version different in manufacture tolerances to the stainless steel? I have sent an email to gungrips but they have yet to reply.

I really like the faux white pearl grips.

I seen quite a few US webshops but most don't ship internationally.

I put wood (Buckeye burl) grips on my SASS SS Vaqueros. The grips were purchased on eBay from :

http://stores.ebay.com/bearpawrugergripstore/

I don't know if he ships internationally. Sometimes their stock of NMV grips is limited i.e. you might not be able to buy 2 sets at once. Right now, they just have 1 set for the NVM. The fit and the "EIG 5" profile were good for both my sets.

Blued and stainless Rugers generally use the same size grips. Gungrips.com says that to avoid having you return them.

Take a look at Altamont grips. They make the factory grips for Ruger. If they will ship to Australia you should buy from them.

Ruger offers a wide variety online. Reasonably priced and there won't be in questions about fit.

Like others have said. Altamont gun grips! I just got two beautiful sets from them last week for my NMVs. Sliverblack FDL checkered slim gunfighter style. Awesome grips for only 38 bucks a set. Fit was just right! They make the factory grips for Ruger.

:FlagAm::FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm::FlagAm:

Altamont & Hogue both do exceptional wood grips.

Will they ship to you?

MG

Blued and stainless Rugers generally use the same size grips. Gungrips.com says that to avoid having you return them.

Take a look at Altamont grips. They make the factory grips for Ruger. If they will ship to Australia you should buy from them.

Altamont don't ship to Australia :-(

Try the standard rosewood grips and have them layered engraved to a pattern of your liking. You can buy the plain rosewood grips from Ruger. Or you can search for gunfighter grip if you have small hands if you have other desires the almost any grip for a standard Ruger can be made to fit. My old armies have the rosewood grips which were laddered Checkered to my specs as we're all my Rugers initially. I have replace the grips on 45 Colt Bisley vaquero to plastic bone imitation and fitted them my self. I bought them second hand off the classifieds here. My new Bisley vaqueros in 38/357 will be using the rosewood engraved grips that I took off the 45colt when they arrive. I still need to mate my Ruger Bisley 22lr then I'll engrave those grips.

Altamont says no international shipping in the FAQs.

I suppose an alternative would be to have a pard stateside buy them and ship them to you.

Kinda what I was thinkin... Or the down under Pard could buy them online and have 'em shipped a pard here... Who would then forward.

Archived