SASS Wire Forum

It's the END OF DAYS here: rain in California

It's 80 here, 73% humidity, sunny, so except for the humidity things are back to normal here. Not so much at some friends place north of here though. They have not had power since the storm hit, PG&E crews just got to their place this AM. Lots of lightning damage up their way, lightning hit a main transmission pole and it caught fire. And with that a whole bunch of blown transformers. Cheers for those crews, came in from Oregon and Nevada to help out.

We here in Colorado knew you Southern Californios were partched. So last weekend, we sent the Colorado Rockies baseball team down to San Diego to lose to the Padres. Well that happened twicet, and then the Rockies came across...with rain! Only the seventh time in the history of the Padres getting rained out! We've had at least seven rain/snow outs here in Denver this season! Maybe we ought to change the teams name from Colorado Rockies to the Shalakos. IIRC, Shalako was the rain-bringer for some Indian tribes! Wait a minute... Hey, wife, you movin' furnature upstairs again? Nope, just thunder! :P

They announced last night that we had received 1/4 inch of rain in the last 70 days.

Guess we are going to have to change the name to the Pacific Northwest again.

No mo Pacific Northwet. I see that my pet mildew and moss are all dried up.

We're in the 105 - 110 heat indexes, but I.m still glad I moved from California 30 years ago.

We are too. ^_^

Aaahhhh.... Just kiddin'...!! :lol:

And good on ya for gettin' while the gettin' was good ~ but I do have to say that at least ours is a DRY heat. :)

Archived