SASS Wire Forum

It's the END OF DAYS here: rain in California

Geeze, this storm got to my area at 3:30 this morning with lightning, an unusual occurance around here, and lots of rain. Rain! In July! 5 hours later and it's still coming down with thunder in the distance. Got more now than the last rain season, maybe two. It has settled into the kind of steady rain we really like to see in January....this may impact agriculture, grapes, in a negative way. Lighting srikes around me, took out a transformer to my neighbors place, another friend has no power, lightning hit his transformer and the pole caught fire.

Not getting on the road today, not sure Californians remember how to drive in this stuff.

Nice and dry up here in San Jose. We were in Tahoe 2 weeks ago and it thunderstormed every day for a couple of hours in the afternoon.

Three quarters of an inch in Fresno last night... twenty miles north where I am drier'n a popcorn f*rt. :(

I stood out in my front yard last night, under the stars, watching the light[ning] show to the south. :mellow:

I felt like I was the 25th kid in the Kindergarten class when someone passed out two dozen cupcakes. :wacko:

Still have thunder rumble going on, 8 hrs of lightning is more than I have ever seen anywhere I have lived...and the midwest had some spectacular thunder storms. Still raining.

Now waitaminnit, Badger... Just what part of Washington are ya? Ain't you in the wettest part of the west coast? :huh:

What'd expect in your 3rd year--------- :P

:ph34r:

OLG

Yeah, but the teacher was cute... :blush:

Cute then, but I heard tell that she retired when you graduated from Kindergarden. :D

Oooooooo....... *Bada BING!* :lol:

Rockies/Padres are in a rain delay right now! :huh:

We're getting a hard rain right now and the Paders game was even rain delayed.

It has been monsoon season here in Ohio for the entire summer. I had planned on getting home from work to hopefully, just hopefully mow. I had to pull over with most of the other sane drivers on the highway and wait out a thunderstorm. We've had two more since I've been home.

Yup it rained out the Angles game!!! I am sitting on the back porch at 76 degrees and watching it rain... am I in Calif? Must be that global warming thing.... nice!!!

good cigar... great sipping..... great evening!!

Toke

We had 20 minutes of a torrential downpour yesterday at about 1100 hours here in Pacifica. Thunder and lightening included for free! My poor, distressed, lawn was very thankful.

Unfortunately, not enough rain to keep the dirtbags off the streets however.

EC

Three quarters of an inch in Fresno last night... twenty miles north where I am drier'n a popcorn f*rt. :(

I stood out in my front yard last night, under the stars, watching the light[ning] show to the south. :mellow:

I felt like I was the 25th kid in the Kindergarten class when someone passed out two dozen cupcakes. :wacko:

Hey Hardpan if I knew you where out playing in the rain that night i would have stopped by. I was deadheading from Kerman back to Reno and think I was drove throw every bit of that storm

We just shattered the record for wettest summer ever. Around three FEET since the beginning of May. I used to love storms till I started running wastewater plants....

Already over 80 here. 56% humidity. I know that to many of you that seems kinda dry. But for CA in mid-July, that's muggy. Plus, it didn't even get down to 65 last night. Again, normal for many of you, but in coastal California, unusual to stay that warm at night. Usually in the mid-50s or lower. Very odd weather.

80.6 °F

Feels Like 81.9 °F
0.0mph
Wind from WSW
Gusts 1.0 mph
Dew Point:
63 °F
Humidity:
55%
Precip Rate:
0 in/hr
Precip Accum: