SASS Wire Forum

H&R 926 - 38sw 4 inch barrel

pony racer # 39210

Assuming it is fixed sight, I don't see why not. The term "small frame" is pretty subjective. I just started collecting and shooting pocket pistols. Part of their "charm" is thinking about where all the pistol had been over the last 125-30 years or so. I think I would prefer the antiques, but the H&R is legal as far as I can tell.

POCKET PISTOLS AND DERRINGERS

Pocket pistols and Derringers are popular for use in side matches and are occasionally introduced as an additional firearm in main match stages.

A pocket pistol is a small frame, fixed sight, pre-1900 design revolver having a barrel length of four inches or less. Pocket pistols must be .31 caliber or larger. Model P Colts and clones and revolvers with swing out cylinders are specifically not allowed regardless of caliber, frame size, or barrel length. Pocket pistols may not be used as or converted to main match revolvers.

My initial thought was that this gun would not be legal since that model was produced from 1969 to 1982 but I guess if you look at the basic "design" it is the same as the old H&R and S&Ws that were produced in the late 1800s. I think I would want a call made by the ROC before I invested and real money in one. As far as some folks having used it at various side matched and no one saying anything, that don't mean it is legal. Most of the folks that run side matches are volunteers and don't know what is and is not legal. Heck, I am fairly familiar with most of the legal side match guns and I'm not sure on this one.

Adjustable rear sight.

The little screw on the side of the frame below the rear sight likely has another on the opposite side. Loosen both and adjust as necessary.

H&R has similar guns with height adjustment in the front sight.

Pony,

Let us know if the sights are adjustable. Inquiring minds want to know!

My model 999 Sportsman is a similar revolver in .22 caliber.

The rear sight is adjustable for windage by means of screws in either side of the rear sight housing.

For elevation there is a screw in the end of the barrel just under the front sight.

Will try to look at pistol again today...

Interesting little gun - have other things to take care of before i buy anymore stuff.

But it appears well made.

PR

The site looks like an adjustable site but this one either has had the screws removed and the back site is pinned in place - there appears to be now way to really adjust it...

Will try to take some pics Monday/Tuesday.

PR

Archived