SASS Wire Forum

With all these cool FAST cars being made...

One must really know and be honest with their driving skills for such machines...

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1096006_2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-crashes-in-Colorado

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0

GG ~ :FlagAm:

It has always been this way. The IDIOT that can afford the car is too stupid to realize that money don't equal talent!!

The car has exceptional straight line acceleration capability, but you have to be able to make it go straight. A public thoroughfare is not the place to use that kind of horsepower, and some folks shouldn't even try this on a track under the most controlled of circumstances.

I've driven faster cars and far more powerful cars, but I pick my spots to go all out, and the street ain't one of 'em!!

It has always been this way. The IDIOT that can afford the car is too stupid to realize that money don't equal talent!!

The car has exceptional straight line acceleration capability, but you have to be able to make it go straight. A public thoroughfare is not the place to use that kind of horsepower, and some folks shouldn't even try this on a track under the most controlled of circumstances.

I've driven faster cars and far more powerful cars, but I pick my spots to go all out, and the street ain't one of 'em!!

hence my OP.

hence my OP.

Yep!! I was just saying that the more the world changes, the more it stays the same! My dad said the very same thing when I first sarted going to the tracks with him and my uncles.

I just wish I could afford one of the new Corvettes that's about to be released, and it makes me sad that some wealthy nitwit will buy one and destroy it because he has no respect for power and skill!!

Yep!! I was just saying that the more the world changes, the more it stays the same! My dad said the very same thing when I first sarted going to the tracks with him and my uncles.

I just wish I could afford one of the new Corvettes that's about to be released, and it makes me sad that some wealthy nitwit will buy one and destroy it because he has no respect for power and skill!!

Roger that.

GG

if you don't want one , you should check see if you still have a pulse GW

Had a 69 Camaro as a young adult. Sold it to an 18 yo kid when my wife became pregnant with our first. I warned him! I really did! He owned it four weeks and rolled it......

The learning curve on really quick or really fast, (and there IS a difference in most cases) cars is at times very steep. As a kid I rebuilt the same car three times before I really learned to drive it. Once to make it really run! Once to repair the damage when I tried to do more than I was ready for. The last time I got it right and got me right too!! Most were like me, lucky to survive. Some got killed or quit. Some stuck to it and lived to tell it.

These cars today are equivalent to what we spent a year or two and every dime we had after buying the hottest cars that they had to offer.

The learning curve on really quick or really fast, (and there IS a difference in most cases) cars is at times very steep. As a kid I rebuilt the same car three times before I really learned to drive it. Once to make it really run! Once to repair the damage when I tried to do more than I was ready for. The last time I got it right and got me right too!! Most were like me, lucky to survive. Some got killed or quit. Some stuck to it and lived to tell it.

These cars today are equivalent to what we spent a year or two and every dime we had after buying the hottest cars that they had to offer.

...plus they have full warranty, can cruise like mom's grocery getter with the A/C on all day, and are amazingly reliable...technology has come in leaps and bounds.

Archived