SASS Wire Forum

Matches in Arizona after Winter Range

Dapper Dynamite Dick

In a recent discussion with the wife (aka "the boss"), we (she) decided that we needed to spend 7 weeks in Arizona this winter when we go to Winter Range (not that I'm in disagreement). Specifically the 4 weeks after Winter Range, so she wants me to ensure that we have enough ammo to shoot a match on each of the additional 4 weekends. No problem, except I have no idea what the club schedules will be for March 2015. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Arizona pards can probably fill you in on who shoots when. But, if you go to the affiliated clubs on the home page, they list the match days and contact info. 7 weeks in Arizona at that time of year should be real nice!

Regards,

CBG

Acsainc.com has a list of possible shoots,

If your interested in wild bunch, the first sat is a wild bunch match at cowtown, or there is a cowboy match in Mesa. First sun is cowboy at cowtown. Second sat is cowboy at Ben Avery. Second sun is cowboy up in Prescott (about 2 1/2 hours north of pheonix) 3rd sat is cowtown 4th sat is either Sedona or Casagrand your choice. Those are the matches within a couple hours of PHX. There is also matches in Tombstone most weekends. Depending on how far you are willing to drive and what you want, it's easy to shoot 7-8 matches a month.

Acsainc.com has a list of possible shoots,

If your interested in wild bunch, the first sat is a wild bunch match at cowtown, or there is a cowboy match in Mesa. First sun is cowboy at cowtown. Second sat is cowboy at Ben Avery. Second sun is cowboy up in Prescott (about 2 1/2 hours north of pheonix) 3rd sat is cowtown 4th sat is either Sedona or Casagrand your choice. Those are the matches within a couple hours of PHX. There is also matches in Tombstone most weekends. Depending on how far you are willing to drive and what you want, it's easy to shoot 7-8 matches a month.

Starting in Jan 2015 the Cowtown Wild Bunch match is moving to the 3rd Sunday of the month.

The 1st Saturday of the month there is a Wild Bunch match in Tombstone.

I've got absolutely no problem driving, as it takes me 27 hours to drive to winter range. I've checked out the information that everyone left and have come to the conclusion that I'm going to need to bring 3 times the ammo that I normally do, this year. Great! Thanks all for the responses.

I've got absolutely no problem driving, as it takes me 27 hours to drive to winter range. I've checked out the information that everyone left and have come to the conclusion that I'm going to need to bring 3 times the ammo that I normally do, this year. Great! Thanks all for the responses.

If you plan on shooting .22 long rifle ammo bring them with you. Availability in the States is poor and prices are far too high. On the other hand shotgun shells are readily available at big box sporting goods outlets with fair prices. You should not need to bring cases of shotgun shells.

Another plus is that motor vehicle fuel prices are dropping rapidly. Your 27-hour drive is going to cost you less.

Archived