SASS Wire Forum

Looking for the old Wrangler Brush Popper shirts

Two Spurs

Remember the old Wrangler Brush Popper shirts? These were my favorite shirts ever. I found one at an estate sale on Sunday afternoon and it made me start thinking...

Anyone have any in decent shape (size 16 1/2-35) stuffed back in the closet and need some more closet space?

Got 2 of 'em... one is very nice snap model.. Ivory with bold stripes down the front and sleeves.. 16" neck 35" sleeve

other one is a button model.. been worn more but still in excellent shape.... Mainly teal with black and purple stripes.. 17" neck 35" sleeves..

Rance ;)

What are ya thinkin' they're worth?? :)

Hey Rance, That's one thing I've never priced/bought used up until Sunday. An estate sale company was running it and they had $8 marked on it- worn but decent shape. (got it for half off on the last day :D. Funny that at 56 years old I felt so excited about getting it- HA)

Let me know what sounds good to ya. :)

Best,

Two Spurs

I guess I didn't realize they weren't making them anymore...

I've got one that's still stiff as a board, and one that's "broke in real good."

If they're not making them though, I think I'll make sure they're taken care of a little better.

Didn't think about ebay. :wacko:

Thanks Dutch for the look- I'm crazy curious that you found some in a store that were brand new because they quit making those back in the early 90's I believe. That would be quite a score if they were not priced too high.

Thanks Ironfoot- went to the link and they say "in stores only" but no stores show up anywhere in Texas. I saw that they have a 2014 website date but something is weird there...

Didn't think about ebay. :wacko:

Thanks Dutch for the look- I'm crazy curious that you found some in a store that were brand new because they quit making those back in the early 90's I believe. That would be quite a score if they were not priced too high.

Thanks Ironfoot- went to the link and they say "in stores only" but no stores show up anywhere in Texas. I saw that they have a 2014 website date but something is weird there...

Still being made but the fabric is different. Not sure how they will wear but also found two more in the closet with the price tag still on them. Hope to get to out of town and see if that shirt is still there.

Yeah they keep changing them up but the mainstay is the heavy cotton twill work shirt which is very popular here. Despite the listed price they sell for around 28 bucks.

http://www.wrangler.com/store/WRG_STORE_US/en_US/style/msw0t.html#categoryId=17702

Archived