SASS Wire Forum

Guns of The Old West Magazine

Colorado Coffinmaker

Next one is due out Oct 4 or 14th. I just sent in my subscription today.

Current issue has an article about leather and the new Henry, new 'original' with no forestock....been re-reading past issues so can't be more specific than that. The walmart in chippewa has 5 copies on the shelf still.

If nobody chimes in I can check my copies and be more specific.

The last issue I got I gave to Prairie Dawg to read. It had the article about the Avenging Angels snubbies. I can't remember if it was the spring or summer issue. I got a notice just yesterday to renew!! Ask Dawg when he gets back……..

Rye

The next issue is due out after August 20, 2014 check out the date under the bar code on the front cover.

Latest is the Avenging Angels issue...Great article since I have a pair that I shoot with Conversion cylinders and 38 Shorts or 38 Long Colts

Redstone Rider

Saw that issue in a tractor supply and picked it up. I'd never heard of the magazine before, but it was darned good. The gun reviews sort of made me laugh the way they all looked like there was a form the authors had to fill out. I thought they were all written by the same person at first. But the historical articles were really cool. Anybody got any comments on the accuracy of those historical articles?

I was considering a subscription, but decided against it because I really don't have time to read another magazine every month. Now that I see its a quarterly magazine, I might just get it.

Great magazine! I read it (and look at the pictures) just as soon as it arrives. :P Then wait for the next issue to be released. :unsure: Seems like a looooong time for the next one to get here but worth the wait. :D

LBC

Great magazine. Especially since Dennis Adler has been contributing so much excellent material, Mike Beliveau's articles are also something I look forward to. I used to subscribe to almost every gun magazine on the market (some since the 70's) until I realized the coverage on Cowboy Shooting topics had dropped to about nothing. So I let them expire, but you can bet GOTOW wil be something I continue to enjoy. Navy Six

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

I have read this Magazine for years and have most all of the back copies. I may bundle them up and put them on the Classified someday.

Cheers, Hoss

Archived