SASS Wire Forum

Looking into Dillon 650 shell hopper

Roger Rapid

Wanted to share this easy way to see how much brass is in the Dillon 650's shell hopper without getting up on a stool or reaching in and feeling around. I attached a mirror to the back of the hopper and now I can easily watch the goings on from my stool.

… RR

Dillon-with-mirror.jpg

RR,

Why? You can hear the case tinkle stop you can see the clear tube go empty, why look at the case feeder wheel ?

Fordyce

Well like RR I can think of lots of reasons to look, to see if you have enough brass left to finish out the powder or primer currently in your machine, or to check if you have enough time or energy to finish them before doing something else for example. I haven't been quite as inventive however and just use a small hand mirror to look when I need too.

Is that a new Mec color (neon green) or is that a different machine? And what is the baggie over your powder for?

Doc

Is that a new Mec color (neon green) or is that a different machine?

A Zombie MEC Sizemaster Loader!

http://www.ballisticproducts.com/MEC-Zombie-Sizemaster-8120Z/productinfo/1308120Z/

You can have one too!

Good luck, GJ

Great idea, I'm doing it.

Doc Tombstone - Green press is MEC Sizemaster (Zombie) - and even though we have very low humidity here in CA (40-50%), I keep a bag over the power measure just to better control humidity in measure. Not quite sure it is necessary, but … RR

Archived