SASS Wire Forum

Anyone shooting AWA Peacekeepers?

Doc Fill 'Em 67797

I bought two AWA Peacekeepers .357Mag 4 3/4" off Gunbroker for $630. I figured for the price I'd give them a try. These are supposed to be the Ultimate model with Turnbull case coloring and coil mainsprings. I understand Colt sued over patent infringement because they looked too "Colt like" and the company quit making them around 2004. Any other information appreciated.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=359134695

They are very nice guns and for 630.00 for the pair you stole those guns, the are real close to 2nd gen colts, except I think the ultimates have a coil main spring.

KK

You want to sale them or trade them?I have a pair of AWA Longhorns,I like the AWAs.

The suit you reference was between Colt and the original "AWA" company. The cost of the litigation broke AWA. The AWA moniker was then picked up by one of the original AWA employees, but was an entirely new company. Near as I can tell, there now gone too. That is a shame as the AWA Ultimate is a fine firearm.

The coil mainspring in the Ultimate is very nice indeed. It was also sold as a conversion by Brownells for several years, tho no longer shown in the Brownells catalogue.

If the guns function as they are suppose to, you got a swell deal indeed.

Wanna trade for em??? :-)

Coffinmaker

Colt sued over their trademark "Peacemaker." They thought "Peacekeeper" was an infringement. Anybody can make a Colt clone, as the patents expired long ago. But apparently trademarks are forever.

Newt

PS: I agree with everybody else. They were considered fine guns.

I've got 3 pair of longhorns - the ultimates are an upgrade

Black Chip Mary and Auntie Emmy both shoot 38s

and I have a pair in 45

Yep, you stole them.

Coffee

These were nice guns and very close to a Colt. I liked them a lot and shot a couple, One 45 and the other 357. I decided to but several new ones all Peacemakers with differen barrel lenghts and I think I still have a dozen or more in unopened boxes. I really dont feel the need to sell any of them.

Several years ago SixGunShorty and I felt that the time was right to buy Colt 3nd models as they were avalible at the time. I dont know about him but I bought a number of matched sets in 45 Colt but was never able to find matched sets in 44-40. I also have unopened 45 Colt guns in 4 3/4 and 7 1/2 barrel in my safes. I also felt at the time when a Uberti 66 and 73 were $500 or so that it was the right time to pick them up when I could. Now They are going for well over a $1,000. I think the last time I counted I had around a 100 or so in different calibers and barrel lenghts.

I have always felt guns were good investments when the nicer ones are bought. I like the old 3 screw Rugers and I have no idea how many I have in 22, 357 and 45 Colt as well as a bunch of Flattop 44 mag. Some time ago, I was in a safe looking for something and I realized I had a lot of orginal 1851 Navy Colts. One had tremendos Texas History with it and tons of dockmentation. I happen to meet a Man whos family had history to the gun. The gun was owned by a settler that he and his wife were killed by six Comanche Indians on Aug. 25, 1855. I also had the orginal hoster. I really did not want to sellt he Old Colt but since His family was tied to it I let him have it for just what I had paid for it $125,000.00. I wish I still had it but I know it means a lot to Him and it has a great home.

Texas Man

I bought a pair when they first came out back in 2000 on the recommendation of a dealer in Tucson. One was great but the other was poor. My smith said the cylinder was 10 thousandths out of concentricity. AWA sent me a brand new replacement. Never had a lick of trouble after that. Btw, they didn't need an action job as they were both great right out of the box. I sort of wish I hadn't sold them, but at the time we had a bunch of medical bills & I neede the money.

Yes, Russ T, Duke did have a pair of engraved Great Western II that were his own guns. They are made in Italy by Pietta & they too are great guns. I have a pair in polished stainless steel. EMF sells them but I think they no longer make them in stainless. The one Opie threw through the window was a heavy rubber gun.

Purchased a New AWA Peacekeeper in 45 Colt with a Short Barrel in 2002 (I Think)

Never used it in SASS , but It is one of my favorite BBQ ,Wedding Special Occasion Carry Guns.

AWA Made Some Fine Stuff

Archived