SASS Wire Forum

Loading Shotshells with Triple Seven?

I've been using APP for both shotshells and cartridges. Am having difficulties getting APP. Have a source for some Triple Seven. Hodgen's has 777 data for cartridges, but not for shotshells. Does anyone have experience with it in shotshells, plus a loading data source?

Used it a lot in the past. Would pick it up at Wal Mart in Feb on the clearance rack for 1/3 + off the price. Just need to remember it is a little hotter than real BP. Clean up is really fast and easy. Now I use mostly Goex because it is even cheaper yet when bought in 25# bulk bags. Do check out the H. website for proper loadings.

PMed you a load that I use for 777 in shotshells....7/8 oz shot in AA hulls and 209 primers...about the same recoil as Featherlites.

Kajun

edited to show 209 shot shell primer (thanks Cliff Hanger for the catch)

Krazy Kajun.....Sure about the primers you use....primer number?

Thanks Cliff Hanger....I made the edit above.

Load it to the same volume as APP or BP, that's all there is to it. It's supposed to be 15 percent "hotter" than BP, but I can't tell the difference in a long gun. Having loaded a lot 777 in shots hells in previous years I found it kind of pricey compared to BP. BP is dirtier, but so what? Clean up is the same.

Good luck!

PM me your mailing address and I'll send you photocopied loading data for 777 shotshells published by Hodgdon. I still use this load to clobber shotgun targets set too heavily. Use APP if you can find it. Triple seven is a hot load in a shotgun shell. APP is what my wife shoots.

Archived