SASS Wire Forum

1st. Annual Iron Cowboy Shootout

Blackwater 53393

OKAY!

I told y'all about the upcoming Iron Cowboy Shootout at Park City, KY and the Rock Castle Rangers.

It's happening April 12th. and 13th. with side matches and a Wild Bunch match on Friday the 12th. and an eight stage Iron Cowboy match on Saturday the 13th.

There will also be a two day shooting school conducted by the one and only Evil Roy on Tuesday and Wednesday the 10th. and 11th. It will be open to the first twenty-five applicants for $250.00 per person.

Park Mammoth Resort is a great place to shoot and visit with a 100 room lodge, restaurant, winery and wine tasting room, golf course and numerous shooting facilities on the place.

Check out the website and get your application by going to Rock Castle Rangers. Click on the Rock Castle Shooting Center and then click on Cowboy Action Shooting.

There are lots of options available and you can reserve rooms or sign up for the Evil Roy classes right on the application. There are also convenient camping facilities nearby as well as the Corvette museum, the railroad museum, Mammoth Cave, and lots more to visit and see.

We're accepting the first 150 shooters. Gonna' shoot four stages in the morning, break for lunch, and then shoot four more stages in the afternoon. Top Cowboy and Top Cowgirl will be recognised as well as category winners. See the application for more info.

Lunch and Dinner are available on shoot day either as part of the package or sold seperately and a party and live band in conjunction with the awards banquet. Yeah!! Milkbone will perform on Saturday night.

Check out the website, print your application, or you can contact Grin an Barrett by phone and do your application by credit card.

I just got word from Lickskillet Charlie that we've inadvertantly left off the mailing address, so here it is for those of you getting your applications in early!

Park Mammoth Resort

22850 Louisville Rd.

Park City, KY 42160

We will get that corrected soon.

BTT

I'm gonna bump this one back to the top!

Fire 'n' Fallback is writing some great stages with movement and neat props! B)

The banquet food is good here and they make sure you have plenty. :P

We may even get a cook-off of some kind going! :unsure::lol:

That looks like fun! I looked at the application, but didn't see a main match only option. My Buckeroo (who just happens to have the alias 'Iron Cowboy') and I wouldn't be able to make the side matches, is there going to be a main match only option? Also, did I read it wrong or is it $50 for Buckeroos?

Thanks!

Hey Capt.!

We figured to just throw in the side matches as a bonus. Some folks don't want to go to banquets or awards, and some folks have special dietary needs and these folks would rather not pay for a banquet ticket.

Stan!!

It'll be good to see you again!! I'll relay the message on the 1/2 off entry! Thanks! B)

Rolan!!

Come on up and shoot! Bring Miss B. and the ear stuff too!! We'd love to have ya's and vending is free!!

Also on the application you'll see a category labeled "OTHER". If you folks come up with some different category and can get three or more to sign up for it, we'll make a space for it! :lol: I heard Hillbilly mentioned.................. :rolleyes:

Well at least I'll get to hug Skeeter 'n' stick my tongue out atcha'!!

Mose and Bella are helpin out with this one from what I hear, so we orta' have more fun than the law allows!!

I figure I left out that there are special rates for shooters at the lodge, and there will be golf carts available to rent for the weekend. Both of these features are listed on the application.

The address is also on the application as well.

BTT!!

BTT

I'm planning on shooting the monthly match next weekend at Rock Castle. It's on Saturday the 23rd and they'll have six stages of run 'n' gun fun!

The folks at Park Mammoth Resort are steadily working toward making this a top shelf match!

BTT!!

Well, I'm stuck here at home and they're shooting six stages at Rock Castle today. :angry: All the surgery and stuff is over and I won't miss another match up there.

The folks that own the facility are S.A.S.S. members and hope to make this a cowboy destination.

Put this shoot on your schedules, 'cause you won't want to say later that you missed it.

Don't forget the Evil Roy Shooting School!! There are still some openings!!

• 4 weeks later...

Several folks have asked about this match recently as I've gotten back to shooting this spring. I'm taking it back up front so's everybody can get hooked up.

There's slightly less than a month 'til the match and we stiil have openings for the match and the Evil Roy school.

I'm going up to Park City tomorrow to shoot the monthly match. Six stages of fun and action. Looks like the weather is a little iffy, but the fun ain't.

Y'all come join us for a little preview of things to come.

Archived