SASS Wire Forum

Video recording from glasses or hat cam

Huckleberry

I have seen some video recording of shooters from their cam glasses and under the hat brim cams and would like to purchase one for recording CAS and hunting.

Anyone have either one that works for them as now that I am looking at the different cameras I see inexpensive to big buck options and also find maybe a class 6 to 10 memory card with 8 megabite a second recomendations.

So I really am not worried about sound but video quality.

Any recommendations?

Huckelberry

Contact Tame Bill he is president/sales manager/chief cook and bottle washer for the Motorola personal video cam. I am sure he can give you enough information to make a well informed decision.

Might not be much info but it is all I have.

Hope to see you this year at the St. Judes Shoot for Charity. I hear there might be some exciting changes!

Take care,

Marlin

One thing I do when researching new stuff, is to read the reviews on Amazon. If you read them carefully, you can see trends of either useful features, or of problems. A couple of bad reviews don't bother me much, as there are lemons in most things, but if a bunch point out a common issue, it can be a red flag.

Good luck!

Here ya go Huckleberry :)

My link

I have the iKam glasses video recorder. They work GREAT for pistol, not so great for rifle/shotgun. They would be pretty much useless for hunting IMHO. When I get home tonight I'll post or send you a link to my youtube videos made while wearing them.

You can see some iKam videos if you got to http://www.badlandsbar3.com/videos.htm

Thanks Pards, I have a friend with the Contour cam type on his RC dirt car and can see where its at and steer it while watching his i pad from the garage.

I think I like the glasses cam but it would be nice if the camera could be able to aim a bit to the left or more down the long guns barrels.

Still looking at whats out there besides a hand held cam that I have.

Huck old buddy hows it going?

J.R. and myself use the GoPro camera it ain't cheap but it has super video and great sound.

It comes with the head strap and a couple other attachments. I have used it several times down in Little York and Milan.

You can point it right down the sight line of your long guns and see what you were aiming at.

Be carful though it gives proof to any misses you have.

Good Luck with your search. will look forward to seeing at Ill. state or at least the Charity shoot.

Whiskey Rick

P.S. The guns you did for us are running flawlessly.

Huckleberry,

I am the Director of Sales for MIDLAND Radio Corporation and run the Sports and Recreation Division. Midland is very active in its support of SASS affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting™ events including End of Trail. We actively support SASS, National Rifle Association, USPSA, IDPA as well as several other shooting sports organizations.

We manufacture one of the premiere 1080P High Definition wearable video recorders a.k.a. Action Cameras. It is not my intent to make a commercial post but our XTC300 1080P HD action camera are featured weekly on several television programs the most prominent being The Outdoor Channel's Shooting USA and Shooting USA's Impossible Shots. Last week our XTC300 Action Cameras were used by Michael Bane's Shooting Gallery crew filming the 2013 SASS SW Regional Championship "Comin At Cha".

You may view some of my personal CAS videos made with our cameras on YouTube:

If you wish to learn more about our line of High Definition Action cameras:

MidlandUSA

I am and remain your loyal and obedient servant,

Tame Bill

I've found that my GoPro is great for close stuff, but for anything further out its pretty much useless due to the 170 degree fled of view.

I filmed a doe that I shot with my bow. It was dusk and she was at 20 yards. If I don't point her out when showing the video to people, I might as well have been shooting at a bush.

Grizzley Dave,

I sent you a PM.

Ragged Earl,

In 1080P HD mode the lens is actually a 127 degree field. Yes, a 20 yard image made looking through foliage/cover at an animal with similar coloring in low light is mediocre at best. I use three cameras when hunting - POV, fixed mount looking back at the hunter and a fixed mount down in the shooting lane. When edited together it makes for a much better video and you buy more cameras too :)

Tame Bill

A buddy of mine brought some glases to a shoot that were decent for the price......$49 bucks I think....This video is with them. Here is a video he posted of me shooting with them.

I have since bought a Gopro HD for around $300 and the quality is much better but I haven't made any CAS videos yet......but here is one shooting my bow.

Archived