The title says it all!

But we could limit it to SASS.

integrity [ɪnˈtɛgrɪtɪ]

n

1. adherence to moral principles; honesty

2. the quality of being unimpaired; soundness

3. unity; wholeness

[from Latin integritās; see integer]

Why wait??? People can jump in at any time and speak their mind on the topic of 'Integrity' and how it applies to CAS/SASS.

Integrity .. as far as gun selection,ammo,costuming, shooting a stage, stage writing and the list goes on and on.

I've been playing this game for 15 years and, unfortunately, find integrity lacking in many cases and in some people. Like the Cowboy that hit another shooters vehicle in Sparta, but didn't report it. As the Judge says, "Respond honorably and follow the Cowboy Code." Just the view from my window.

Kate

Like the Cowboy that hit another shooters vehicle in Sparta, but didn't report it.

Please tell me that this is a joke. I can't believe it.

Edit for:

Nvm. I just saw the other thread. Very sad. I hope (and believe) that is not what most of us are like when we're out of sight of our pards.

I've been playing this game for 15 years and, unfortunately, find integrity lacking in many cases and in some people. Like the Cowboy that hit another shooters vehicle in Sparta, but didn't report it. As the Judge says, "Respond honorably and follow the Cowboy Code." Just the view from my window.

Kate

Kate,

You are correct in that we unfortunately do see some of this behavior in our midst.

However, it has been my observation that as a whole, our group of SASS members are an order of magnitude better than the average in our society. That is one key aspect of "The Cowboy Way", as I see it.

Let's encourage, recognize and celebrate that, too!

Cheers,

Harvey

Kate

Im sorry that so many feel that SASS is filled with unscrupulous characters. In only 8 years I have found that all but a tiny minority are upright square shooters. In my shoes I would rather think about those that give of themselves every match day to see that the rest of us have fun. Those individuals that are there picking up brass the pard that yells a warning to you when somethings about to go wrong. SASS short on integrity, no, thats wrong, SASS is long on integrity the shooter that gets to the unloading table with any empty in the rifle and turns themselves in. The super fast shooter when asked did you just shoot that wrong and he hangs his head and answers Ya . The shooter that notices the money clip with winter ranges budget in it sitting on the counter and runs down the cowboy to return it. Doesnt happen you say well I beg to differ with you it does happen Ive seen all of those more than once. Integrity, you bet, the reins in the teeth gun in each hand kind of Integrity. So fill your hands you SOB because Ill ride with my SASS posse.

So after 8 years of shooting you are posting for the first time, or did you just make up a new alias so you could call Kate an SOB?

Nice, classy, NOT!

Even if you don't agree with someone, name calling ain't the SASS way. Calling a woman foul names was never the Cowboy way.

Perhaps you may wish to apologize to the lady and then move on to a game that supports treating women poorly.

100%

I would think that omg's SOB comment was directed at those who have less integrity 'in context' than the majority and not at Kate ~ I hope.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

So after 8 years of shooting you are posting for the first time, or did you just make up a new alias so you could call Kate an SOB?

Nice, classy, NOT!

Even if you don't agree with someone, name calling ain't the SASS way. Calling a woman foul names was never the Cowboy way.

Perhaps you may wish to apologize to the lady and then move on to a game that supports treating women poorly.

Ethan,

I too, when off on half cock this morning. Brother King suggested to me to check my coffee caffine level. He was corrrect, mine was out of balance.

Please reread the thread. The poster was NOT bashing Kate.

Thanks Brother King for pointing out my error in a gentle way.

Nice, classy, NOT!

And they're off! Insult is ahead by one length on the backstretch, but Cheap Shot is making his move, and Vituperation is coming up the rail. Common Sense seems to be fading back in the pack. :rolleyes::blush::wacko:

Ethan,

I too, when off on half cock this morning. Brother King suggested to me to check my coffee caffine level. He was corrrect, mine was out of balance.

Please reread the thread. The poster was NOT bashing Kate.

Thanks Brother King for pointing out my error in a gentle way.

Blastmaster, I hope you and Gunner are right. I didn't get "off balance" until the posters last sentence. At best it was a poorly chosen way to end his/her declaration of things admirable about the game. By quoting Kate, it does make the comment look directed at her.

I would pleased to edit my original post and extend an apology for my misunderstanding if omg wants to drop by and clean up some poorly chosen words. That would be the Cowboy Way all around.

Thanks for looking out for me. :)

100%

I would think that omg's SOB comment was directed at those who have less integrity 'in context' than the majority and not at Kate ~ I hope.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I believe he (Ethan) seriously mis-interpreted that post.

I don't feel like I was called an SOB. :) One of the reasons I posted was that at the Sparta Holiday Inn, a shooter backed into our SUV; got out and inspected for damage; then drove off!! We would have never known that it was hit except two HI staff saw it happen and got a description of the truck. There was damage to the bumper (flimsy things that they are!!), so I filed a hit and run report; the shooter was contacted; he went in to the Police Station the next day and then called me. To make a long story short, the Judge and I were disappointed that the "honorable thing" wasn't done and that the Cowboy Code was not followed. We've had it happen before which is why I responded. I really meant to sympathize with the opening thread. Guess I need to be clearer when posting.

Kate

Well if Kate feels ok about the SOB phrase used in reply to her post then I stand corrected and apologize to omg and anyone else's toes I stepped on.

I've been involved and participated in a number of shooting sports in my life (ATA, NSSA, Benchrest,Live Pigeon Shooting, Bullseye Pistol) and Cowboy Shooting has the most integrity of any of them that I've experienced. When $$$ and expensive prizes are at stake, the gloves come off <_<

Archived