SASS Wire Forum

Nipples

Snakebite

My old arthritis thumbs just would not allow me to shoot my Pietta C&B revolvers. I had them tuned up (revolvers, not the thumbs) and replaced the HEAVY hammer springs with lighter springs. Though they certainly cocked easier, they were not reliable and I had numerous failures to fire. I put in a new set of the Big Name nipples but still had the same problem. Then I heard about the new SliX nipples and put in a set of them. I didn't have time to give them a good test before WR, so I went in blind and shot the 4 stage Plainsmans event. I'm happy to say that they all went off every time!! I've never been able to get through even one stage with these particular guns without double striking at least one cap, or having a cap fire only. So far, they seem to work and do what the claims say... I hope I'm still as pleased with them after a few more outings.

Snakebite

What are these 'Slix Nipples' of which you speak?

:unsure:

Get a hold of OL#4 and his partner they manufacture them.

KK

Still don't find them.

Noz,

They may not be on their web sites yet, but they are available from both;

www.cowboybullets.com

and

http://www.longhunt.com/

They come in three models each designed to fit most of the later Pietta's, Uberti's and Ruger OA's.

I have been testing them and have used them for the past four months.

They worked marvelously at WR through the Plainsman side match and the main event.

Ol' #4

Archived