SASS Wire Forum

OUTLAW stile shooting the match

K C WOODY

howdy Shooters ,

I have been shooting Duelist and GUNFIGHTER for a few years , When i shoot at EoT in 2008 gunfighter there was a Cowboy who shot the match as OUTLAW Pistols from the hip

and he was great to watch i have tryed it and find it great fun .

I have not been albe to find any thing about it written down any where .

Does any one know where i can find out about it,

more shooters to have more safe fun .

Woody

Contact Tennessee Toumbstone! He's the cowboy responsible for the Owtlaw movement and the keeper opf the rules. Super pard and a good friend. You can p.m. him here on the wahr!

Fun times!!

Why can't ya shoot that style in most any catagory?

Only GF and BW are allowed to have two loaded pistols out at the same time. Outlaw was conceived as an offshoot of GF.

Hope this helps,

Smoke

Only GF and BW are allowed to have two loaded pistols out at the same time. Outlaw was conceived as an offshoot of GF.

Hope this helps,

Smoke

Where was having two loaded pistols out at the same time mentioned? I musta missed that. Is not Outlaw just a onehanded point shooting style? Or can ya even use two hands? Tell me more Mister Gunfighter.

Generally in this area Outlaw can be shoot either way, gunfighter style or one at a time. Just depends on how you want to do it, and if you are comfortable shooting shoot it GF , just go for it.

Only thing to remember is that normally you will have a few more miss shooting Outlaw. If shooting fast and not missing is a priority with you then Outlaw is not going to be" your cup of tea". Shooting fast in Outlaw is ndifferentet than any othecategoryry, not missing is another story. Takes a lot of practice and frequent misses are still the norm. But its a Hoot to Shoot. If you want a real challenge try Josey Wales Gunfighter Outlaw (using either 4 or 5 handguns.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. Whenever Outlaw is mentioned I picture GF style but from the hip.

Outlaw is an unofficial category that I have only seen shot gunfighter style. I suppose rules may vary by region, but as I said I believe it was designed as an offshoot of the GF category.

I have had the pleasure to shoot with Tennessee Tombstone, the originator of Outlaw a couple of times and a few pards in this area shoot it on a regular basis and I have only seen it shot GF style. As a matter of fact if Outlaw is not offered most will sign up as GF and shoot Outlaw.

Smoke

As long as it is one handed we allow it. Nothing says you can not shoot twohanded from the hip, it just is not Outlaw. I had a good friend that shot Triditional from the hip and was a top shooter at the time.

The Outlaw webpage is Outlaws

As Phiren Smoke mentioned, when I travel where they dont have Outlaw, I am a Gunfighter first and formost> I just happen to do it from the hip :lol:

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. Whenever Outlaw is mentioned I picture GF style but from the hip.

Outlaw is an unofficial category that I have only seen shot gunfighter style. I suppose rules may vary by region, but as I said I believe it was designed as an offshoot of the GF category.

I have had the pleasure to shoot with Tennessee Tombstone, the originator of Outlaw a couple of times and a few pards in this area shoot it on a regular basis and I have only seen it shot GF style. As a matter of fact if Outlaw is not offered most will sign up as GF and shoot Outlaw.

Smoke

Thanks Smoke

I was looking for some sort of rules info on paper , I have seen it shot at EoT and yet there is not much talk of it .

How does sass rate it .

Here in Western Australia we have tough gun laws / rules .

KC WOODY

As long as it is one handed we allow it. Nothing says you can not shoot twohanded from the hip, it just is not Outlaw. I had a good friend that shot Triditional from the hip and was a top shooter at the time.

The Outlaw webpage is Outlaws

As Phiren Smoke mentioned, when I travel where they dont have Outlaw, I am a Gunfighter first and formost> I just happen to do it from the hip :lol:

Howdy Tn Tombstone ,

I am having trouble getting to a shooting web site , all i get is bikes .

Do you have any more info so i can find tyhe web site you are talking about .

KC WOODY

Western Australia

Shot my first match today as Outlaw Gunfighter!!! YEE-HAAA!

I didn't think anything could be more fun than Outlaw. Well, boy howdy, Outlaw GF is MEGA-FUN.

Sun, ya just gotta try it.

Waimea (dedicated Outlaw)

:FlagAm:

Howdy Tn Tombstone ,

I am having trouble getting to a shooting web site , all i get is bikes .

Do you have any more info so i can find tyhe web site you are talking about .

KC WOODY

Western Australia

KC

try this: http://www.outlawshooters.com/

W

:FlagAm:

Up at Circle K we called it "blind duelist" which is kind how we started, seeing as some of us barely see the sights anyways.... Register as a duelist and have the "nice lady" put an "O" next to that on the form, and rock and roll. I miss more with the SXS than the pistols when I shoot Outlaw, go figure....

Archived