SASS Wire Forum

used brass, primers

El Muerto Negro

Hi Pards

I have heard on the wire to save your cracked brass and used primer to sell ,do you need to separate the brass from nickel plated or if you use a brand like federal are they nickel plated ? Put them all together or separate I guess is the question?

It really depends on where you take it. The scrap yard we use for work has a metals catagory for shell casings that includes spent primers, and they do not care about the nickle plating on casings or primers, and they seem to give a fair price, so I just take it along when we make a run for work.

I took mine to about 3 different salvage yards.. before getting refered to one that would take them..

I got about $13 and odd change for a coffee can full..

I had split cases, brass primers, and nickel plated primers.. all throwed in together.. No problem here..

Only question I got was.. "No live primers in there is there?".. "Nope"

Rance <_<

Thinkin' I got another can full :)

I took mine to about 3 different salvage yards.. before getting refered to one that would take them..

I got about $13 and odd change for a coffee can full..

I had split cases, brass primers, and nickel plated primers.. all throwed in together.. No problem here..

Only question I got was.. "No live primers in there is there?".. "Nope"

Rance <_<

Thinkin' I got another can full :)

Sounds like you burned up more gas driving to the four salvage yards than you got for the brass.:lol:

Do you put shotgun primers in the recycle can too?

Grizz.. I haven't put any in there.. I think there's too much metal for me to call them brass..

Rule of thumb.. if a magnet picks it up.. doesn't work :blush:

Rance <_<

Happy New Year :)

and LP.. I got my salvage yard honed in on this trip :lol::lol:

Do you put shotgun primers in the recycle can too?

Nope, shotgun primers are about 2/3 steel (the outer shell). So, I don't try to upset the recycling guy trying to pass it off as brass.

I'm still seeing the yards willing to pay $1.60 a pound, so it is a good time to sell off your old stash.

Good luck, GJ

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Yep, I go to the scrapyard and sell cracked brass & burnt primers. Aluminum cans too.

It's the same place for buying lead alloy and usable steel.

MG

Archived