SASS Wire Forum

Ghost tours..

Deja Vous

I was talked into going on one of these when I lived in SC. It was a ton of fun, for a while.. we rode around in a carriage and saw the older parts of town on the coast of the Carolinas.. The gal conducting the tour seemed really interested in me. At one point she asked me what I saw and did I see this and that.. and finally I told her I have never had contact with ghosts, the ideas concerns me, and can we please just be friends.. She stopped, but about 30 minutes into the tour at the saloon/hotel portion she asked if I saw a light. .and Yeah I did.. She got off the carriage.. hmmmm okay.. speical effects? lol..

Geesh.. I dont' believe in that stuff.. it scares me sure, dont' know why.. but it does... She scared me that night.. Has anyone been on a ghost tour? The click of the horse hooves into the night.. and someone asking you stuff .. geesh it was odd.. I never went again because it scared me..

When I lived in AZ I use to enjoy closing my eyes and seeing past in my mind.. and that is fine.. but this was so odd... is is smoke and mirrors?

I've only seen one thing that puzzled me. Several years ago I was deer hunting along an old grown up logging road along a ridge here in SE OK. Up ahead I see a man in camo sitting on a log, looking down the hill side. That struck me as odd, because 1. the law requires blaze orange, and 2. who would be dumb enough to wear camo in the middle of an Oklahoma deer season? Too many idiots in the woods that take sound shots. Anyway, not to disturb him I drop down off the ridgeline just a bit and go around behind him. When I get back up on the old road, there is nobody there. No sound of someone walking in the leaves, no tracks, nothing. I reckon it could have been a bush that the sun was hitting just right and made it look like a person, but I even went back to where I first saw him, and there was nothing there that remotely looked like a person sitting on a log.

When my wife had our daughter she was in a double room with a lady that had some kind of emergency surgery and was very close to death. The lady woke up in the afternoon and asked my wife if anyone had been to see her. My wife said "Yes, a older man came in for awhile."

"What did he look like?" the lady asked. My wife described him and said that the man looked at her and asked, "Is Cissy going to be OK?" The lady went pale and said, "That's my father, he's the only one that called me Cissy, and he's been dead for several years."

I know a lot of people who think they've seen ghosts, but there was usually some trickery involved. Often times I was involved in the trickery. :)

Hi Deja,

I have been on the Calico Ghost Town ghost tour a number of times. Always a small group after dark walking through the town hearing stories. It is fun to get out into the desert and take a nice walk in the cool air. But....on one of the tours, I did see a shape on the roof of the school house. It was moving, actually blurring and blocking out stars as it moved around. Odd this was, only a few of us in the group could see it. I was standing next to a lady who was staring at the exact same spot as me and she didn't see anything. Weird...Cool but weird.

Worth the drive out the 15 to Calico, but be sure to make a reservation.

Until just recently, I would have said "No" to this, but......

For the past month, I have, on occassion, seen a shadow that is man-shaped, either standing on the porch of my man-cave or going up or down the steps to the porch. I have also seen a ghost cat in various places inside our house.

They don't bother me none, but they sure do get your attention.

Hi Deja,

I have been on the Calico Ghost Town ghost tour a number of times. Always a small group after dark walking through the town hearing stories. It is fun to get out into the desert and take a nice walk in the cool air. But....on one of the tours, I did see a shape on the roof of the school house. It was moving, actually blurring and blocking out stars as it moved around. Odd this was, only a few of us in the group could see it. I was standing next to a lady who was staring at the exact same spot as me and she didn't see anything. Weird...Cool but weird.

Worth the drive out the 15 to Calico, but be sure to make a reservation.

I have been there. Before Knots bought it up. They use to have a photo on the wall of a dark haired lady by the name of pauline cushman.. she is who I take after with horses and shooting and being a rebel.. lol.. She was pretty good with gun and a horse and a spy .. lol Pretty cool ... Anyhow.. I loved it up there. That is pretty cool.... I wish I could really see the stuff others talk about..

Until just recently, I would have said "No" to this, but......

For the past month, I have, on occassion, seen a shadow that is man-shaped, either standing on the porch of my man-cave or going up or down the steps to the porch. I have also seen a ghost cat in various places inside our house.

They don't bother me none, but they sure do get your attention.

It would get my attention.. if I ever saw anything really like that. I feel cheated darn it... you guys see all the cool stuff.. But the ghost tour was fun..

BOO!!!

rotfl.... CASPER>>>> is that you???

I was talked into going on one of these when I lived in SC. It was a ton of fun, for a while.. we rode around in a carriage and saw the older parts of town on the coast of the Carolinas.. The gal conducting the tour seemed really interested in me. At one point she asked me what I saw and did I see this and that.. and finally I told her I have never had contact with ghosts, the ideas concerns me, and can we please just be friends.. She stopped, but about 30 minutes into the tour at the saloon/hotel portion she asked if I saw a light. .and Yeah I did.. She got off the carriage.. hmmmm okay.. speical effects? lol..

Geesh.. I dont' believe in that stuff.. it scares me sure, dont' know why.. but it does... She scared me that night.. Has anyone been on a ghost tour? The click of the horse hooves into the night.. and someone asking you stuff .. geesh it was odd.. I never went again because it scared me..

When I lived in AZ I use to enjoy closing my eyes and seeing past in my mind.. and that is fine.. but this was so odd... is is smoke and mirrors?

My now departed mother was a psychic and an astrologer. She taught me a number of things, Tarot among them, and never failed to spook the dickens out of me.

We were walking in Edinburgh a few years back, having parked at Castle Terrace lot. Mom had never been there before, and I had told her naught of what we were

heading into. As we left the lot and headed along the roads to the castle, we were on cobbled streets, trundling along to get to the main access to the Royal Mile,

connecting the castle to the palace. Mom was walking along a bit behind - we turned to ask her why she was slowing down, and her comment was . .

"Let's stop, let the horses pass."

About a block later I realized we were on the Kings Stables Road. She heard them clear as day - they'd left an impression . . . . .

Likewise - when my darling bride visited Scotland a decade back, she had her first encounter with a spirit; a now departed gent who wanted to stay about and visit.

A charming mariner in rain coat and wellies . . . known to the locals . . but not to Patricia until after she relayed her encounter ...

Are they there . . let me ask this - Do you believe in God? Do you believe we have souls? Do you believe we might have to do a bit of wandering before we get

where we're supposed to go? If you accept souls, and heaven and earth, then anything is possible . . .

SC

My now departed mother was a psychic and an astrologer. She taught me a number of things, Tarot among them, and never failed to spook the dickens out of me.

We were walking in Edinburgh a few years back, having parked at Castle Terrace lot. Mom had never been there before, and I had told her naught of what we were

heading into. As we left the lot and headed along the roads to the castle, we were on cobbled streets, trundling along to get to the main access to the Royal Mile,

connecting the castle to the palace. Mom was walking along a bit behind - we turned to ask her why she was slowing down, and her comment was . .

"Let's stop, let the horses pass."

About a block later I realized we were on the Kings Stables Road. She heard them clear as day - they'd left an impression . . . . .

Likewise - when my darling bride visited Scotland a decade back, she had her first encounter with a spirit; a now departed gent who wanted to stay about and visit.

A charming mariner in rain coat and wellies . . . known to the locals . . but not to Patricia until after she relayed her encounter ...

Are they there . . let me ask this - Do you believe in God? Do you believe we have souls? Do you believe we might have to do a bit of wandering before we get

where we're supposed to go? If you accept souls, and heaven and earth, then anything is possible . . .

SC

I do believe in God, and I believe in our souls and that they go to heaven. And yes, there is a path to the Milky Way where your ancestors go before they leave you behind for good. However, I have people talk to me in my dreams that are gone from my life, and I have people from the past in my dreams in carriages and I dream in color... but never once have I seen a ghost.... So, I am wondering why not? Yes, anything is possible... I would just like to be magical like other people are when they talk about ghosts and things.. Instead I am simply me with no ghostly things going on in my space in t he world. I guess I should be pleased with dreaming in color and just shut up.. lol... I find it interesting that others can have this whole different thing in their lives and I can't have one darn ghost visit. Still I love to hear the stories of what I miss out on. And no it doesn't make me sad, I would proably run and hide if I had some of the visits people talk about... lol

I do believe in God, and I believe in our souls and that they go to heaven. And yes, there is a path to the Milky Way where your ancestors go before they leave you behind for good. However, I have people

<SNIP>

I can't have one darn ghost visit. Still I love to hear the stories of what I miss out on. And no it doesn't make me sad, I would proably run and hide if I had some of the visits people talk about... lol

Be careful what you wish for - Wishes do come true . . . .

SC

I have several, some of my own and some from people I know. Take way too much time an space to relate them.

I believe.

Archived