SASS Wire Forum

Mini crime wave, Chapter Two

Pulp, SASS#28319

Remember the feller who lost the TV? Friday AM his wife goes out to the pool to turn the leaf skimmer on. Leaning up against the back of the house is the TV that was stolen from him Wednesday night. Apparently the thief felt guilty and returned it to him. Or didn't want to be caught with stolen merchandise. :lol:

Now I'm wonderin', if I leave my pick-up unlocked, will he bring back my spotting scope?

Or maybe it was there all the time. I've seen that before where the burglars got spooked and left stuff outside. Sometimes they meant to come back for it. Sometimes they just had too much to cart off.

Yep. It happened when they broke into my wife's car. Stole her GPS and other stuff, but one day, while looking through our bushes out front, I spotted her fingernail file and case that they threw away. (Kinda looks like a little billfold.) Like Bob says, maybe they had too much stuff to cart off and they were coming back for it. :lol:

Or maybe it was there all the time. I've seen that before where the burglars got spooked and left stuff outside. Sometimes they meant to come back for it. Sometimes they just had too much to cart off.

That was my thought as well.

Ya all "jogged" my memory. .... whut thur is left of it. :huh:

Years ago in Palm Springs . . .there was a little "back yard" to my office and a shed out there that belonged to the building.

One day top of the shed I saw a canvas bag. Pulled it down and it was a laundry bag from the La Quinta Hotel. In it a whole lot of stuff in it that turned out to be stolen out of a car at that hotel. Found a name an phone number on something it there and contacted the person who was by then back home in L.A. He arranged for Fed-X to come pick up the stuff and ship to him. Thief must have been concerned about getting picked up with the bag of stuff and stashed it where he could with intentions to come back for it.

Our next door neighbor got the back door kicked in about two weeks ago. They had a few items stacked up at the back door. Apperantly the alarm finally scared them off as they just left everything there and kicked out a few boards in the fence to make their escape. The homeowner was amazed that his pistol was left there as it was sitting behind a DVD player the thief had moved. Local police said that many times the crook is so impaired by tunnel vision that they do not even see high value items that may be sitting out as they are so focused on things they have taken before everything else becomes invisible to them.

I remember a story about a guy who had lots of guns and no safe. Thieves broke in a found the long guns and filled a sleeping bag full of them. They dragged them out of the house and to the back fence, where they were found. The bag was too heavy to lift up, and the crooks beat a hasty retreat without the goods. The Police found the bag and asked the owner if buying a SAFE was on the list of things to get. Lucky guy. Just sayin'

Big Jake

Archived