SASS Wire Forum

Question for the Ladies of the Wire

Dorado

So, I've got my girlfriend interested in CAS and I'll be taking her to a shoot soon. I know she'd love it. I already took her out to a range to just fire the guns and she liked it. Now she's wanting to get a dress. I know nothing about them other than I'd like her to wear one. :wub: My question is, Where should we go to find a saloon girl outfit for her? We've looked at corsets, but can't find a decent dress. Where are y'all going to find your pretty duds?

What Allie suggested. Also at most big shoots there are some fun vendors, they usually have a dressing area so you can see how things fit and look on you.

Does your girlfriend sew? Some of us attempt to make our own. Allie Mo does awesome work and may have some good suggestions on patterns. I hear Deja has a knack for hats also.

I rarely pay full price for my stuff. I have found some great shooting costumes at thrift stores. ....a full black skirt, a lacey blouse and a corset... you got a saloon girl outfit

I am going to try something new. I just bought a pair of chinks. They are purple and turquoise with black fringe. Never thought I'd ever wear anything like that but hey why not right?

She lives in barracks so sewing is kinda hard for her. But she's going to be here for a month so we might be able to arrange something so patterns might be ok. I'll show her those sites, are there more?

I never thought of eBay. We'll give it a look too.

Ebay is another great source

I never thought of eBay. We'll give it a look too.

I suggest it for people wanting to try re-enacting, don't want to borrow clothes (or whom we can't kit out), but don't want to drop a lot of money because they don't know if they will stick with it. Might not be the best fit or best quality, but you can likely get her a basic-basic for between 25 and 50 bucks.

If she developes an intrest in making her own outfits be they shooting or banquet type she should check out the Carolina Belles web site http://www.carolinabelles.net/

There are lots of folks who post great info on that site for the Ladies.

Scout

Ya know, I bet you could find some ladies in your area that have some things they don't wear anymore that would be willing to get her all dolled up so she can see what it is like.

Come to Cali I would let her try a few of mine!

She might also try the classifieds here and on Belle Alley. Ladies do occasionally post clothing for sale. I actually have an outfit she might be interested in, if we're close in size. PM me if you're interested.

So, I've got my girlfriend interested in CAS and I'll be taking her to a shoot soon. I know she'd love it. I already took her out to a range to just fire the guns and she liked it. Now she's wanting to get a dress. I know nothing about them other than I'd like her to wear one. :wub: My question is, Where should we go to find a saloon girl outfit for her? We've looked at corsets, but can't find a decent dress. Where are y'all going to find your pretty duds?

Very cool.... I have found blouses at garage sales. I have to alter them a bit, and I do sew most of my own skirts. I buy the corsets were ever I can find them. Hats are garage sale, or estate sales and I just glue/feather/ and flower them.. The costumes are fun, but I love the click and bang with the BP ... lol.... I found a black blouse victorina looking with a high collar, I just cut the collar off, added some fancy stuff like fabric flowers, added lace to the cuffs, and I love it... Ebay does have a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone. We've been looking for different places and ideas, as well as places to find the actual dresses. She seemed to like these:

We found these at Laced.biz

I talked to those ladies at EoT and we impressed with their work. Obviously. lol But How do we go about piecing an outfit together. She really liked 2&3

This is why I'm glad I'm a guy. I don't have to worry so much about colors or styles. :lol:

Edit: Sorry couldn't get the pictures to work.

Thanks Joe

Photo posting is disabled, you have to just post the links to the images on a photo sharing site.

For piecing together an outfit, look at a lot of photos and decide what look she really wants. Miss Kitty? Gay Abandon? The ladies of the Cheyenne Social Club?

Google Godey's fashions and select the Images rather than Everything.

We've been looking at different pictures. Most are just cheap sexy Halloween costumes. We'll keep looking. We both agree that This would look great on her. Oh, well. On with the hunt!... not that I mind :wub: lol

Archived