SASS Wire Forum

Free Mosin-Nagant thingy

I have an extry screwdriver and pouch.

If you want it, give me your address and I'll mail it to ya.

Is that Russian Tooling at it's very best?

Looks to be extremely light duty. My Russian shotgun will hold up a T-35 Tank and still function.

That looks like something that may have come from the satellites back in the day.

Sent ya pm Utah, :lol:

You got it Clay.

Is that Russian Tooling at it's very best?

Looks to be extremely light duty. My Russian shotgun will hold up a T-35 Tank and still function.

That looks like something that may have come from the satellites back in the day.

It's the same gauge as a Russian but unmarked. Doesn't mean it's not Russian though, the bulk of them aren't marked either. Could be Polish, Hungarian, Chinese.

No idea where it actually came from but I believe it was the personal screwdriver of Chairman Mao. I think he used it as a bookmark for his little Red Book. :P

You got it Clay.

I thank ya very much Sir! :)

I have a question. I have not yet fired any of my Berdan primed ammo through my M44. What do you recommend as the best cleaning solution when I do? :unsure:

I thank ya very much Sir! :)

I have a question. I have not yet fired any of my Berdan primed ammo throught my M44. What do you recommend as the best cleaning sollution when I do? :unsure:

I scrub the bore Hoppes and then a little Breakfree.

CM

like UB I use Hoppies and break free , But first I pour HOT water down the BBL . I ose a 2qt funnel with a peice tubing to flush out the bbl , Probley does not need to be done , that is the way I was taught by my grandfather , many years ago . Lots of nasty stuff in primers back then .

BTW the notch in the tool is for checking FP protusion

CB

Speakin' of Mosin Nagants... Anyone know where to find stripper clips?? There must be a mountain of 'em someplace - or I should say, someplace else, 'cuz the Kid and I sure can't find any...

By the way ~ isn't that "thingy" tool missin' a few notches? :rolleyes:

Speakin' of Mosin Nagants... Anyone know where to find stripper clips?? There must be a mountain of 'em someplace - or I should say, someplace else, 'cuz the Kid and I sure can't find any...

By the way ~ isn't that "thingy" tool missin' a few notches? :rolleyes:

It does not have all the notches. I don't know why. There are lots of variations.

Here are some new made stripper clips.

FP=?

Firing Pin

It does not have all the notches. I don't know why. There are lots of variations.

Here are some new made stripper clips.

Thankee, UB... that'll work~! ;)

Nice can opener

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Vodka bottle opener. :lol:

For old mil surplus corrosive ammo I favor WW II vintage GI bore cleaner the stuff that stinks and that you used to be able to buy in case lots of the little OD cans (144 to a case as I recall but that may have bee just the way the dealer was packing them 5 cents a can back in the 70s 4 cents a can if you bought his 144 can case I have not seen it for sale lately just the stuff in plastic little bottles that does not work as well or smell as bad as the old-fashioned stuff I expect the old stuff will make my hair fall out..... WAIT SO THAT IS WHY I HAVE MORE HAIR ON THE HAIRBRUSH THAN ON MY HEAD!!! :blink::wacko: :wacko:

For old mil surplus corrosive ammo I favor WW II vintage GI bore cleaner the stuff that stinks and that you used to be able to buy in case lots of the little OD cans (144 to a case as I recall but that may have bee just the way the dealer was packing them 5 cents a can back in the 70s 4 cents a can if you bought his 144 can case I have not seen it for sale lately just the stuff in plastic little bottles that does not work as well or smell as bad as the old-fashioned stuff I expect the old stuff will make my hair fall out..... WAIT SO THAT IS WHY I HAVE MORE HAIR ON THE HAIRBRUSH THAN ON MY HEAD!!! :blink::wacko: :wacko:

Do we know what is in that stuff? I got a can downstairs and I am afraid to open it for fear the dog may go mad and bite me.

Do we know what is in that stuff? I got a can downstairs and I am afraid to open it for fear the dog may go mad and bite me.

You know even though I was attempting humor above I wonder the same thing I think in the future I will use it outside and with rubber gloves on.... I know I have never seen a HazMat sheet on the stuff.

You know even though I was attempting humor above I wonder the same thing I think in the future I will use it outside and with rubber gloves on.... I know I have never seen a HazMat sheet on the stuff.

Hahaha, I don't think they ever printed one. Sure smells bad.

Anybody got a report on long term effects of Ballistol? I would think that and hot soapy water would be just the ticket if you got corrosive primers or powder.

Hahaha, I don't think they ever printed one. Sure smells bad.

Anybody got a report on long term effects of Ballistol? I would think that and hot soapy water would be just the ticket if you got corrosive primers or powder.

Ballistol is an organic compound. It was designed as a solvent and, believe it or not, a wound cleaner.

It does work well at removing corrosives.

Archived