SASS Wire Forum

Y'all wanna see a pretty knife?

Rufus Cogburn

Joe Crawford over at cowboyknife.net built this for me. The blade was forged from a hoof file and the handle is buffalo and stag. I can't wait 'til it gets here.

That's all, just wanted to brag a little.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll309/drkrm151/Tombstone%20Spinner/IMG_04022.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll309/drkrm151/Tombstone%20Spinner/IMG_04041.jpg

For some reason the "editor" wouldn't let me add the sheath pics to this post. Something about posting more images than is allowed. Go figure. Anyway, If you wanna see the sheath, scroll down.

Rufus

Thanks for the compliments, but they all go to Joe. I can't say enough about the man. He sent daily updates on how it was coming, sometimes twice a day. Pics of each step in the process and even gave me a lot of choices on materials I wanted for the handle, ring guard and sheath.

He's a good'ern.

Rufus

Capt. Bill, good to hear from you and I'm glad you're gonna make it back to shoot with us. I'll give two free spins to accident victims. ;-)

It should be here by June 2. He's still working on the Brahma hide sheath. I'll upload pics of that, too, when I get them later today.

BTW, Matt, you can earn two free spins, if you're so inclined.

Rufus

DADGUM!!!

:blink:

That's purdy!!!!!!!

~EE Taft~

Fer Rufus......

That is one Scary looking blade pard, :o

Bin thinkin.................. `n` I reckon its best iffn ya let me take care of it fer ya...... ;)

Paladin ( Whut really likes RC`s new blade ) UK

That knife is awesome! I have an old file that I got from my grandpa and I’ve always wanted to turn it into a knife. These photos are a great inspiration.

That last photo you posted though, of what NOT to do with your knife, that is just plain messed up!! YUCH, EW and OUCH!!

Archived