SASS Wire Forum

I owe an apology

Matthew Duncan

While today's meal is getting prepared, I thought I reload a few.

For me reloading is BORING and my mind has a tendency to wander a bit (a bit more than normal).

And then it happened.

If'n your a cowpoke that shoots 44-40 and you're missing some brass, I have it and sincerely apologize for accidentally taken it.

If'n you PM me your shipping address I'll return it to you along with the 250 grain 45 Colt bullet that is now stuck in it.

Try 32-20 loaded with a 180gr .358 boolit :blink:

Problem is that all I can do is say "Sorry Mom" :blush:

And the folks who so thoughtfully donated the .357 brass can have it back also..........even if it looks like the business end of a blunderbuss now.

...sincerely apologize for accidentally taken it.

That's yer 2nd mistake! 1st fer takin' it; 2nd fer admittin' it! Yer supposed to collect it til ya got a couple hundert, put in baggies, and auction'em off for a club fund-raiser!

(I got four so far Rick, but I ain't lax none, I been scroungiin' all I can)!

Duncan, it's downright plumb funny, them 44WCF shooters'll PAY to get their own brass back, but when they find my 45Colt mixed in with their'n, they throw AT me and yell "there's yer @$%#$in' brass!" Go figure? :lol:

While today's meal is getting prepared, I thought I reload a few.

For me reloading is BORING and my mind has a tendency to wander a bit (a bit more than normal).

And then it happened.

If'n your a cowpoke that shoots 44-40 and you're missing some brass, I have it and sincerely apologize for accidentally taken it.

If'n you PM me your shipping address I'll return it to you along with the 250 grain 45 Colt bullet that is now stuck in it.

================================================

That would have happened to me the other day, except the .45 Colt shell holder on my Lee turret press wouldn't even accept the 44-40 case. I'll give that one to my brother-in-law, Sodbuster, since he shoots 44-40.

Matthew,

I accept your apology for taking my brass and will gladly take care of the damaged cases..........but dammit man ya got some more explaining fer taken the rifle too!

Wyatt

PS: PM sent fer where ta send the brass and the gun

Matthew,

I accept your apology for taking my brass and will gladly take care of the damaged cases..........but dammit man ya got some more explaining fer taken the rifle too!

Wyatt

PS: PM sent fer where ta send the brass and the gun

Rifle was auctioned off at the unloading table. :)

I was at my loading bench just yesterday and discovered that it was me that swapped cases with you. That dang 45 Colt case had me looking and shifting cases to see why my 550 would not work. No matter how hard I pressed down the press would not move.I pulled out the case at station three and it was full of 2F and ready for the bullet that I had set on top. I then pulled station one and when I looked at the bottom I found the culpurt. That 45 Colt case had got mixed in with them much superior 44WCF cases.I will be more than happy to arrange a change of property at your chosen location. Thanks Fairshake

Archived