SASS Wire Forum

Does anyone have a actual usable address for the World Shooting complex in Sparta

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

I am pretty sure this is the actual address. Also remember that the GPS they had last year put me in the middle of a corn field 74 miles due North of the range one time.

World Shooting and Recreational Complex

#1 Main Event Lane

Suite 510

Sparta, Illinois 62286

618-295-2700

The following link gets you to the web site which has the GPS coordinates. http://dnr.state.il.us/worldshooting/

Are these the updated coordinates I don't want to end up in a corn field like Deuce.......

This is to the Center of town..........N38 07.339 W 89 42.151

There are signs on Highway4 that will get ya to the range

Believe it or not... Some automotive GPS units are now coming from the factory without the ability to enter GPS coordinates, they only accept addresses. I know as I apparently purchased one!

A correct address is most appreciated.

I understand what you're saying, but unless you have a very new GPS unit it most likely is not going to find a street address for the WSC. The reason being the roads were all built in the last 5 years. Prior to that it was located in the middle of a re-claimed strip mine. Further, my understanding is most of the mapping companies get their street information from the Census Bureau Tiger files. Prior to the 2010 Census, there were no roads for the Tiger files to know about. Now that the 2010 Census data is available Garmin, Tom Tom and others might show Main Event Lane in Sparta, IL but you'd have to have your GPS unit with recently updated maps to take advantage of the new data. At least that's what I've been told.

You start reading this thread and one would wonder if anyone can find their way around anymore without a GPS - lol. Tis a piece of technology that is highly dependent on data that does have some accuracy issues at times although it does tend to be more up to date and detailed than some of the maps I still haul around just in case ....

Archived