SASS Wire Forum

How long do I wait for payment?

Wrist breaker 53985

How long do I wait for payment on thing that have been sold? I had a couple of items I was trying to sell. The folks said they would take them. I sent the mailing info. and they said the M.O. was on the way. Two weeks later, Nothing. I have tryed to get entouch with them but no response. How long would you wait? Thanks

Two weeks seems long enough but I've had correspondence take longer than I expected to get to the recipient in the past.

Maybe one more week then I'd repost the items. (especially since they aren't responding to you online.)

What has worked for me. When I am either selling or buying I pm the party for a contact phone number or a FTF. That way I can contact them other than by electronic. If that fails, I think you are right in pursuing another course of action....."back up for sale....deal fell through".

Just my two scents.

KK

How long do I wait for payment on thing that have been sold? I had a couple of items I was trying to sell. The folks said they would take them. I sent the mailing info. and they said the M.O. was on the way. Two weeks later, Nothing. I have tryed to get entouch with them but no response. How long would you wait? Thanks

I would think somewhere between 15 and 21 days would be my cut off date. If I sent emails every few days and got no answer, see ya.....

Two weeks is very reasonable. When I strike a deal I usually mail the item off the next day or two rather than wait for payment. Maybe I've been lucky. I've never gotten burned on the Classifieds.

And when I buy something I usually send payment within 3 days.

Two weeks is very reasonable. When I strike a deal I usually mail the item off the next day or two rather than wait for payment. Maybe I've been lucky. I've never gotten burned on the Classifieds.

maybe when dealin' with us cowboys, but outside of our 'circle' I NEVER send anything off before the customer pays....been burned in the past.

but like said - ONLY with SASS pards would I feel comfortable sending something first...and still it depends on what is bein' sent.

Too answer the OP's question: I would give another week, keep contacting the person the best ya can can - and then relist the item if nothing comes of it.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Abour 2 years ago, I had some 45 Colt brass that I wanted to sell. It took the guy about 6 weeks to get me the money. I honestly forgot about it. When I found the info again, I emailed him and it still took 2 more weeks. Money order was good finally. He then advertised some 45 Schofield brass. Someone else sent him a check and never got the brass. Only got excuses. He now resides on the bad guy list. I know that he was reported to SASS about this. I have not seen him on the wire since. I even ran his alias and there does not seem to be one of him out there. That's the way it should be. GONE

Shenny

I agree, two weeks is more than enough, time to relist the goods, especially since they will no longer reply to your messages. Next time exchange phone #s, Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r:

I'm more forgiving now. I would say 4-6 weeks. The reason I'm more forgiving is I recently had a check I needed to send off for gunsmithing services rendered. My son had to have emergency surgery and I was too busy for a bit. Then realized I forgot to send. Sent note of apology with payment after 4 weeks.

Chili Pepper Kid

Had a set of odd faux ivory grips I offered up. The deal was that I would send the grips, if they worked then payment could be sent. Deal was accepted, grips out the next day. I message a week later to see if they worked. Yes they did and payment was to be sent.

Now 6 weeks later and after a couple reminders, I just wrote it off.

Since then I have bought, sold or traded with a dozen other pards , all with excellent results.

Mingo

I had the reverse happen to me. I was selling three items, two guns and a holster rig. I put the ad's in late one evening and went to bed. I awoke to a phone call with a definite offer to buy so I said SOLD to the gent only to find out that there was a guy in front of him that had already sent money! Boy was I in a tough spot. I cleared through all the PM's and by golly if it didn't happen the very next day with an early AM phone call and an offer to buy of which I said SOLD to, only to find out that there were offers pending on the PM's that night before. By the way, I'm new to this selling on the classifieds business and am not sure how prodicall works exactly. I did sell to the first come (that I knew about) first served. I have been waiting about a week and a half for the monies for my western rig if that's any consolation? Smithy.

You did something that you should never do on this nor any other forum and that is list your phone number. They can be reversed traced & then the bgs have your address & know that you have guns. Then watch your house & find out you aren't home & it's bye bye guns. It has happened before & the bgs do watch these forums.

You can always (should) exchange phone numbers after the deal is made through email or PMs.

Archived