SASS Wire Forum

YeeeHawwww, am I pathetic or what

Grizzly Dave

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my new Baikal MP 220 home from my FFLs.

I like it! You guys were right though it does need some smoothing, it is WAY stiffer than my TTN was out of the box. I now see what you meant by it doesn't open all the way without a little prodding, once open all the way it does stay open all the way though. It has a thin layer of oil on it, but not hear the huge amount of cosmolene or whatever that my TTN had.

This afternoon I'm going to clean it up good, work the action a few hundred times and maybe take the stock off and see about disabling that pesky auto safety.

Gotta love getting a new toy. For Colorado folks, backgrounds were running a bit more than an hour this morning.

Grizz

Really? I post a link to pics of my new shotgun nearly THREE hours ago and not one comment?

:huh::blink::wacko::rolleyes::unsure:

Didn't see your post. Nice gun! Whoo hoo! Grizz got a new gun! It's purty. And I find working the action on a new gun NO CHORE AT ALL!

Well, I've spent the afternoon with her, sadly no live rounds since the local constabulary would frown on that, and now it's time for her to go to bed down in the safe. I'm a bit worried that my mule ear double will be mean to her, or worse... maybe I'll put her on the other side of the center divider.

Well, I've spent the afternoon with her, sadly no live rounds since the local constabulary would frown on that, and now it's time for her to go to bed down in the safe. I'm a bit worried that my mule ear double will be mean to her, or worse... maybe I'll put her on the other side of the center divider.

Then again, he might take a shine to her.

NOW DAVE!! I know you saw the scores from CAC!

Glad you got the new one all settled in for the evenin'. If that ol' muley gives her any trouble, you tell 'im I'm gonna' send you a couple of my "special loads :rolleyes:" fer you ta' feed him. That'll settle his hash fer sure!

I had a lot of competition for last place at CAC! :D I did pretty well at that match in spite of a P, a couple of misses and my shotgun falling apart causing 4 more. I'm hoping to avoid those this year.

I had a lot of competition for last place at CAC! :D I did pretty well at that match in spite of a P, a couple of misses and my shotgun falling apart causing 4 more. I'm hoping to avoid those this year.

Now we know the cause of your affliction.

naw, that was my fault, ya gotta check the screws in the plate on the fore arm that secures the locking lever. If they get loose, then bad things can happen. I love my hammer gun, just wanted a hammerless for when I'm feeling gamey.

naw, that was my fault, ya gotta check the screws in the plate on the fore arm that secures the locking lever. If they get loose, then bad things can happen. I love my hammer gun, just wanted a hammerless for when I'm feeling gamey.

Gamey?

Purdy gun, Grizz!!

~EE Taft~

I am pleased with it, at the price point I wasn't sure what to expect. The only issues I have with it are the auto safety, and the fact that it doesn't fall all the way open and stay there, it opens part way, you have to push it the rest of the way and then it closes part way if you're not careful. The other is the tiny silver bead for a front sight.

But from what I've read, all those are fairly easily fixed.

I am pleased with it, at the price point I wasn't sure what to expect. The only issues I have with it are the auto safety, and the fact that it doesn't fall all the way open and stay there, it opens part way, you have to push it the rest of the way and then it closes part way if you're not careful. The other is the tiny silver bead for a front sight.

But from what I've read, all those are fairly easily fixed.

The falling part way open is due to the fact that it has to engage the internal hammers inside. A good smith could take care of that for ya. Dad has an old stevens 311 that's like that. I been wanting for years to have it set up to fall open, but he don't want to have any work done to it. just sits in his closet.

~EE Taft~

no clue, I haven't ventured down to the basement to visit her today. Next house will have a place on the main floor for the safe, I hate having to lug up and down the stairs. Next match is two weeks from yesterday, hopefully by then I'll get some cocking levers from Papa and get them put in, and disable the auto safety. If not, I'll shoot it anyway.

I"m here, waiting for miz Grizz to get up, she was up way late working. The work from home at your own pace is great, but if you screw around all weekend you have to knuckle down and stay up late to knock stuff out before Monday morning...

I think I'll go wake her up, need to go into town to pick up the taxes and might as well take her to lunch while we're there.

Actually I haven't been around because I have the day off, if I was in the office I'd have been around all morning LOL.

I'm waiting to hear back from Papa Dave, I hear he makes some cocking levers for these critters that help them alot. I sent him an emule Saturday, but haven't heard back.

I'm waiting to hear back from Papa Dave, I hear he makes some cocking levers for these critters that help them alot. I sent him an emule Saturday, but haven't heard back.

Grizz, I shot with Papa Dave this weekend and in conversation he said that he does have the parts in stock.

I'll P.M. ya'!

Archived