SASS Wire Forum

Hat falling off during a stage?

Matthew Duncan

I didn't want to detract from two page post about cowpoke's hat falling off and getting a "P" for it.

They were a building Mad Montana's Mine (Stage 9) and were discussing how tall should the two side shafts be?

The tallest club member is Dog Bite. And Dog Bite wears those tall 32 gallon hats. So they figured 6' 8" is how tall Dog Bite would be to the top of his hat (with his boots on).

So they carefully measured, double checked and made the side shafts 6' 6" :)

Grizzly, perhaps we can solve thet problem by making all stages with shoot over barricades as doubles team stages and shoot em piggy back. Shorty on top with the rifle and Stretch shooting six guns on the bottom. I weigh in at 240 and wear a 34 length britches, which leads the wife to ask why I buy them that long and then roll them up eight inches at the bottom? My reply is, "I may be fat but at least I can pretend I am not short and fat"!

Matthew its good the club made the effort and went to the expense of considering your pard and how to mess with him ^_^ when they built the prop. A sign telling him specifically to duck would "cap" it off nicely.

Our resident behemoth the Toldeo Kid has got to be 6'6" in his flip flops, he complains about doors and windows as much as Birdie Cage who might, might be 5'4" does.

If my hat falls off during a stage the only person who will have trouble is going to be the TO when he cant see from being blinded by the glare off my dome.

Being 6'6" myself (and over 300 lbs.), I often wondered why the guy that was 5'6" and 140 lbs. was the one designing the stage props!! The windowsills usually start out at my knees and the tops are below my shoulders making it a necessity for me to do a "sumo stance" to shoot through them. Mineshafts are similar in stature meaning I have to walk doubled over to manuver through them. Please prop designers out there....remember there are people out there taller than you that need to shoot through these props!!

Years ago(1985-1988) we had this problem at Coto de Caza when Graybeard was designing props. Harold is about 5'5" and built things from his point of view, short shooters had no problems, medium shooters...still OK, but us tall cowpokes had to do some weird contortions to shoot a stage. One time we built a stage where he had to jump up and shoot through a window...he got the point.

Big Jake

Archived