SASS Wire Forum

Went to a "motivational seminar" today...

Mind you, I'm not a big fan of these events, but dang... for a chance to see Colin Powell, Rudy Giuliani, and others made it worthwhile.

General Powell is a GREAT speaker! He delivered possibly one of the most enjoyable presentations I've ever heard... Humorous, warm-hearted, and patriotic, without a hint of political bias (but no hesitation to admonish both major parties to "get the job done!"). He had some reeeally funny anecdotes... :rolleyes:

Mayor Giuliani was good in his own right; surprisingly, security had to haul out a heckler or two - seems some folks credit him with planning the 9/11 event. Sheesh...

A surprise was a gentleman by the name of Krish Dhanam, author of "The American Dream: From an Indian Heart." I'd never heard of him... an Indian immigant who comes across as a far more patriotic American than most natives. I'm thinkin' I might have to buy his book...

There were others, but when the ear-bleeding rap "halftime entertainment" started I bailed.

But Dang... Powell and Guiliani on one ticket! AND got a paid day off work to go~!! :lol:

I know the seminar you're talking about. I'm not a big fan of "motivational" stuff either, but I enjoyed the day I spent their. Bill Bennett (Book of Virtues) and Bonnie Blair (speed skater) had great perspectives. General Schwarzkopf was the headliner. Fantastic! :FlagAm:

And I got paid a day off too!

Coming from an aviation/aerospace background, I've been to my share of these type of events. The best and most memorable I've heard was years ago from Chuck Yeager. He was the most down to earth, hands on "knowledgable" guy I've had the pleasure of hearing in person. B) Yes...sometimes these things can get a little out of hand, been there for that too :wacko:

Cool!! Wish I was there too - big fan of Guiliani, and political foolery from the last election aside...a fan of Powell as well.

The best motivational book I have ever read and still refer to...The Holy Bible. It's been around awhile and is still a best seller :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

....... but are ya motivated ... ?

;)

He was motivated to write about it! :lol:

That's 'bout the size of it! ^_^

I'd have stayed for the other speakers but couldn't weather the rap un-music "halftime show." :wacko:

Heck... didn't even mind the nearly two-hour live infomercial for trading software - just whipped out a copy of a Clancy book and settled in. :rolleyes:

Joe Montana was on the ticket, but didn't make it. Nice guy, but I didn't miss 'im.

Archived