SASS Wire Forum

shooter with tear drop tattoo

stepnmud#33546

It would make me durn curious as a biker. I have ridden Harleys for years. Tear drop tats are a badge of sort, for a very unpleasant, unsavory thing. I do not have to say it right here do I? I would imagine most know what it stands for.

Yup,I have a tat myself. It is military related, but I have nothing against tats of other natures either. I am old and do not understand younger generation very well, I admit it. My youngest just turned 43. I get out of touch, but I do not understand tats that are on neck and face or for that matter ones that cannot be covered when dressing for success as in a job interview or whatever. That is just me though.

Since it's always been a GANG and/or PRISON type of symbol - Yes, it would bother many of us.

It means one of your 'Homies' was killed and that you probably murdered someone in return :P

I ain't got one but my grown kids :P are always talking like they should get something special to them.

Would it bother other shooters if a CAS shooter had a teardrop tattoo?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tear_tattoo

Seeing as u asked

I think tats r the ugleist things on earth. and look at them on an old women.UHG

An old mans view.

CCBA

Here I am back again on this for some reason. I was just thinking to myself and wondering if this is just a question of what if and all, or is there a CAS shooter that has one of said tattoos. If so, I find it hard to believe someone with one would have never been convicted of a felony and therefore, where did the shootin' irons come from?

On a more clever note and probably not very funny, are the revolver sights mounted to the side of the receivers? Now I am done. It was a different question though. Not your run of the mill costuming or loading one. :P

If the shooter who has the infamous 'tear drop' tattoo has renounced his gang, the way of life it entails, and is repentent of his acts which 'earned' him that particular 'patch'...no problem here :blink:

GG ~ :P

I don't have any tattoos, just scars. My SIL has a number of them and I wish he would quit. His mother when seeing his said she was thinking of getting a tattoo, one of those cute ones in the small of her back just above her butt like she sees so many young women wear. My SIL said, "you mean a tramp stamp?" She was aghast as she hadn't heard it referred to that location as that. Since she is a bit uptight and prudish, I don't think she got a tat.

I don't care if people get them, really but what does frost me is when you see people who are obviously living off the public dole covered with them. They can't feed their own kids, usually a whole pack of them, but they got their tattoos, cigarettes, nails painted, hair all done up fancy. Tie your knees together and get a job.

I laugh when I hear about these women that get a tattoo in a "private place" that only their doctor and lover know about. There is no way to keep this a secret. Someday one of her grandkids is going to run up to her in a very public setting and holler out, "grandma, grandma, show me your tattoo."

Sorry, this is more than was asked for. Its been one of those days.

He's not asking about tatoos in general, but the 'type' of tatoo.

If it were a tatoo of a Swazika would you object?

If you don't feel the same later, wouldn't you change or remove the Tat? Yes, you can.

I've got Tatts. Most are Native tatts and most cover some u-gly scares.

Ifin' da cowboy/cowgirl has a "tear drop" tatt , or a Nazi emblem, or a "tramp stamp" tatt, that's their bussiness...........

As long as I (keyword) DON'T HAVE TO hear how they got it, when they got it, or have da life style forced on me......

Den all's well in da world !!!!!! :blink:

Now, ifin' some one asks, well dats a hoss of a differant color !!!!!!!!! :P

I assume this is a hypothetical question.

Yes. Not ever seen a SASS shooter with one either.

Sometimes in a friendly discussion with my kids,...they'll say they'd would really like to get some kind of tat and usually I'll comment, I think ya ought to, that way mom & me can I.D. the body for the FBI. :P

I really try to not pre judge people because I don't want them pre judgeing me. But I have to say the teardrop tatoo has a meaning that is pretty deep in the hearts of LEO's who take a risk everyday to protect us. So, I don't blame them at all. They deserve my respect. Thats about it. And I will admit that a teardrop tatoo scares me a bit, and that is hard to do, unless your a MO tornado.

I ain't got one but my grown kids :P are always talking like they should get something special to them.

Would it bother other shooters if a CAS shooter had a teardrop tattoo?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tear_tattoo

This is my opinion:

Yes it would bother me. It would indicate to me that the wearer is a violent, murdering thug. It would also tell me that this person is trying to impress or intimidate others with their unspoken admission of having engaged in gang or prison or street gang activities. I don't like those people and I don't want to hang with someone that posts such advertisements on their body.

Most tattoos look like hammered S#!+. Those that do not look like hammered S#!+, just look bad. Even military tattoos are a mistake. Regardless of their popularity today, tattoos just mark the wearer negatively and the observer has, let's just say, a poor impression of the person with the tattoo. If you want to guarantee a lower salary in your job than anyone else, get a tattoo; that'll do it. Someone else mentioned not wanting to pre-judge others, but sorry, a tattoo will virtually guarantee that you will be pre-judged, judged and post-judged because of it. Life is tough enough without intentionally making it in more difficult for yourself by marking yourself up with tattoos.

The tear drop tattoo is the mark of a low-rent, low class, dumbass, cowardly, murderer. I have never understood why decent folks want to emulate these ridiculously decked-out street thugs and gutter trash like these inner city gangs.

As far as "celebrities" wearing tatoos, they mark themselves as fools. Their tatoos don't make them cool.

My opinion, as you asked.

This is one time my son listened to me. :P I told him if he must get a tat, to please put it where it cannot be seen when he dresses for work. He had it done on his upper arm.

His girlfriend had the same tat put on her wrist. She complained daily about the unpleasant comments her customers made about her tat.

(sigh)

tear Drop tatts are usually a sign of a gang affiliation. Outlined Tatts mean that someone close to them was killed. If it is filled in, it means that they (the person wearing the Tatt) avenged the killing by killing the one that killed their friend.

Would I be upset? yes because of all that comes with it.

Archived