SASS Wire Forum

Lost and found

Son Chris and I were shooting the Ruger Old Army Sunday.  Monday morning I set out to clean it. Rounding up stuff, I got a CVA or something nipple wrench out. Wouldn't fit the Treso nipples.  More accurate,  it was too fat to fit down in the hole cut for the nipples.  I thought I had another and looked for it. I had to have had one that worked because I changed out the stock nipples and I've shot the gun on several occasions.  Oh well, Chris wanted some stuff from Grafs.  The only one in stock was the $25 Slixpring model. Got it. Really nice made tool but pricey. Got home and back at cleaning the ROA and looking for cleaning rod, brush, Thompson Bore Butter,  etc, and there it was, my homemade nipple wrench.  I gave the new one to Chris. It seems to happen over and over - loose something,  buy another,  then find what I lost.

RugerOldArmynipplewrench562024.jpg.c2ae7ff974f7fbe1ed874a6d4eae7343.jpg

348081381_NippleWrenchhandleFeb2021.jpg.5eb0e699509326027f66a314233c44a5.jpg

• Like 5

That is why I have two sets of 223 dies and three sets of 38/357 dies.

It's not just - I know I've got it so if I wait a while it will turn up. It's - I need it now damn it.

• Thanks 2

I searched probably a year for my Renaissance wax.  It wasn't until I was searching for something else that it rolled to the top of the box it was stashed in. Mary, bless her heart, cleans up after me. Tends to throw things in a box and shove it somewhere. When questioned,  "I've not seen it." Time and time again.  In hunting for the Renaissance wax, I've went through the boxes and put stuff in some organized manor but still have a jumbled mess. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

mine has been missing for almost 20 years now and im not certain it will show up till im dead and kids go thru my stuff , 

came back to add i used it for about a week treating a collection of guns i no longer own , 

Edited by watab kid

I'd bought a "selfie stick" to get the phone holder attachment device that I'd mount on a tripled for my video shooting.  Lost it somewhere.  Looked, and looked and looked.  Well, they're not that expensive.  I bought another.  Got home from Wally-World and was taking it out of the package and dropped the gizmo and it rolled under the dry sink.  There it was plus the one I'd lost. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we include 1911 recoil plugs on this list?

Asking for a friend...

My biggest lost and found was my S&W 29-2 44 Magnum.  One winter day I was doing something on the farm and took along the 44. Slipped it in the door pocket on the old Chevy PU. Months later I went to get it out and it wasn't in the box. I've been robbed!  Was my first thought.  Looked around here and there. Tried to think back to when I last had it. Thought about the PU.  Sure enough,  there it was. No damage done despite being in PU parked outside in Missouri weather for months.  

2 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Can we include 1911 recoil plugs on this list?

Asking for a friend...

Moved into a efficiency apartment. I'd been there about a week when I was disassembling my Gold Cup and POING!!! there went the plug. Somewhere. After a week of searching I went and bought another one. Not a pretty blue one like that came with the Gold Cup - parkerized GI. But the gun worked again.

A year later and I'm packing my stuff up to move. And I found it on the floor underneath the TV stand.

• Like 1

Bought a top snap spring for the TTN to use in original Colt.  Something like $20 with all the shipping.  Setting in living room trying to put it in and....SPRONG!.... It went somewhere.  We hunted for hours all over and never found it. Got out magnet.  I just got out some music wire spring and made another.  We never found the store bought spring. 

• Like 1