SASS Wire Forum

If you’re asking about a dust cover LIGHT rail, it appears to be legal in Modern. 

Yes, the picatinny rail would only be legal in Modern.  Most things are legal on the 1911 Modern category.  Things that are not are lasers, compensators and giant mag well funnels.   The Traditional category is the one that is restricted to what Saint John Moses Browning intended.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, watab kid said:

a lot has changed in this venue since i first looked at it and decided i didnt have compliant guns at the time 

Wild Bunch has recently been liberalized cannibalized reconfigured adjusted so that any SASS legal rifle and shotgun may be used.  The requirements for a .45 caliber 5 inch barrel, 1911 are still the same.  I really don't have any opinion yet about the change in rifle and shotgun requirements.  I understand why they did it and I hope it brings in more people to shoot it.  That was the goal.

Edited by Badlands Bob #61228
  • Like 2

On 3/10/2024 at 7:06 AM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Wild Bunch has recently been liberalized cannibalized reconfigured adjusted so that any SASS legal rifle and shotgun may be used.  The requirements for a .45 caliber 5 inch barrel, 1911 are still the same.  I really don't have any opinion yet about the change in rifle and shotgun requirements.  I understand why they did it and I hope it brings in more people to shoot it.  That was the goal.

9i see the logic as well , i have plenty of guns that seem to fit the requirements now - also no opinion of these changes at this tome , i am considering it ,